Fierce Firearms Disaster

Wow…I sure am glad that I saw this post. I was about to submit my order for the Carbon Rogue in 7 PRC. Chances are that I would receive a rifle without any issues, but that isn’t the point in my mind. Their response to this situation is very telling and a huge red flag. I can only imagine trying to get them to honor the warranty a few years after purchase. I’m also someone who despises poor customer service, and I will gladly take my money elsewhere even if it results in a higher cost. What a shame considering there aren’t many rifle makers doing what they’re doing unfortunately; hopefully more step up to the plate and deliver a good product and great CS (and also a 7 PRC in a 20” barrel and under 6 lbs would be terrific).

Honyock

WKR
I've never bought a custom rifle, but I have bought a lot of Browning, Savage, Ruger and Remington rifles over the years. They have never needed a gunsmith or were sent back and all have worked flawlessly (better than I can shoot) over the years. I can't imagine buying a $2,400 rifle and having to send it back for repairs. If Savage can make a reliable and accurate bolt action rifle for $500, how can a $2,400 gun not be right? Price tag doesn't make a good rifle. A gun company that sends a $2,400 rifle out once (let alone twice) without rifling should be out of business. "Oops, sorry your gun blew up" is not acceptable for any gun company.

If Savage can make a reliable and accurate bolt action rifle for $500, how can a $2,400 gun not be right? Price tag doesn't make a good rifle.

Can they or does nobody get that mad when they get a new savage that’s headspaced wrong or doesn’t eject reliably because it’s a savage? My money is on the later.

Crazy how bad service is with some companies these days. Sounds like they are like a lot of construction contractors. Take your money and have no pride in craftsmanship

prt_tym

FNG
This thread ( and the youtube hunts) has definitively ensured I'll never buy a Fierce Rifle. It would take years of quality deliveries and a new CEO to get me to even consider purchasing one. To be clear, I was likely a few days from pulling the trigger on a Fierce.

541hunter

WKR
I mailed my fierce ct rival back and it arrived at Fierce 2 weeks ago. The rifle no matter the scope or shooter would not shoot better than 1.25“ group at 100. I tried 7 different factory rounds and some ammo loaded by unknown munitions. I talked to the gunsmith there before sending and he stated he thinks it may be the thunder beast arms break suppressor mount messing with the barrel harmonics. He also said they had this issue in that past and when they use their brake it shoots fine. I find this hard to believe but we will see. I’m hoping to hear something soon.

Dang… I’ve not done much looking into them as a company but have always heard good things about the guns functionally (I have heard that they’ve had some cosmetic issues). Too bad the guy at the top sounds like a jerk. Gives me one more reason to be happy I’m getting a Seekins.

MattB

WKR
Ok ok ok fellow members of Rok
We can all agree its called a magazine not a clip.
Ok there I said it.
If you are a member of the national media, it is known as a "magazine clip". Outside of that, you are 100% correct.

OP
david2duck
I mailed my fierce ct rival back and it arrived at Fierce 2 weeks ago. The rifle no matter the scope or shooter would not shoot better than 1.25“ group at 100. I tried 7 different factory rounds and some ammo loaded by unknown munitions. I talked to the gunsmith there before sending and he stated he thinks it may be the thunder beast arms break suppressor mount messing with the barrel harmonics. He also said they had this issue in that past and when they use their brake it shoots fine. I find this hard to believe but we will see. I’m hoping to hear something soon.
I have 5 thunderbeast brakes on different rifles and they all shoot well with the suppressor or just the brake. Seems fishy but I’m a little biased.

SwiftShot

WKR
I bet they will say it was you are your break. Admitting they messed up seems to be a problem for them.

jri

FNG
6.5 prc rage shoots awesome with anything u throw in it. just ordered a 300 wsm rage i hope no problems I stopped buying ca because they started selling junk. early ca was all good then I got 2 bad ones. sounds like these companies are selling faster than they can build. what ever happened to pride in what you build..

jjwise97

FNG
Just came across this post after buying a new LW rifle, I was about to buy a fierce and then heard some murmurings in a different forum about how their weights are inconsistent which was enough to make me steer clear, but this is insane. Definitely going to be sharing this with a buddy who was also looking at a fierce

87TT

WKR
I have a friend who is a gunsmith/custom rifle builder. He showed me a brand new Fierce that a guy brought in that only one lug would lock up. Never fired. He told the guy to send it back but he insisted that my friend look at it and try to fix it. Makes sense now.

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
I was set on ordering a rival 20" 7prc, trying to decide between a carbon and steel barrel. I emailed them to ask if they ever thread their steel barrels 5/8 instead of 1/2 since tbac recommends a 5/8 thread and I have one in jail. Instead of just answering my question, they said they've never had a problem and told me I should probably just get a different suppressor. Really? I had seen this thread, but their communication turned me off so much I won't be buying anything from them.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

541hunter

WKR
I have 5 thunderbeast brakes on different rifles and they all shoot well with the suppressor or just the brake. Seems fishy but I’m a little biased.

I agree. I have them on a few different rifles and never had any issues. They are pretty small compared to Fierce’s muzzle brake.

541hunter

WKR
I bet they will say it was you are your break. Admitting they messed up seems to be a problem for them.

I’m hoping since it’s been 2 weeks with no phone call that it means it’s something else but I feel you are probably correct. The gun smith I talked to was super helpful and we talked through things.