Fierce Firearms Disaster

Cinchy52

FNG
Like the original poster this will be the condensed story. A few years ago I called Fierce & ordered a Fury Long range in 300 win mag, with tan & black stock. I was told they would be able to get right on it & I should have it in 6 weeks! I thought WOW and me being the nice guy I plunked down 50% of the cost or the rifle instead of the standard $500 because they said they would get right on it! I got busy & forgot till I realized it was over 8 weeks so called them. I was told it was done & had been sitting waiting on my FFL shipping info. I gave it to them again & called my FFL & he said BS I did it as soon as you notified me several weeks ago? I paid the balance on the gun & it was supposed to ship out ASAP! The gun comes it has a black & gray stock, is missing thread cap, a sling stud, and their guaranteed accuracy target. I called & complained and was told it was their mistake I could keep it or they would build another rifle & get it right out. I agreed to keep the rifle because WTH they had full payment, so I felt like I would be at their mercy to get another rifle sent out, but I told them I wanted the missing thread cap & target it was suppose to come with. A short time later I received the cap but no test target. By now I`m getting pissed so call again & got a different sales person, he says no problem whats the serial number on the rifle I`ll look it up & ship target today. A few days later target comes & I think cool look how great it shoots, till I read the date on the target, it was dated before I ordered my rifle. I believe they tried to pass off something someone had sent back, or was a in stock rifle who knows? I called that very second & was far from nice, kid says here talk to sales manager. Long story short Sales manager took care of business especially when I bluffed & said my lawyer friend called it fraud!! I finally got the rifle I had ordered, granted it took 6 more weeks but I did finally get the rifle I ordered! I`m to tired of typing to go into the problems that had to be taken care of on my final rifle! But in their defense they did take care of all issues, and the action is the smoothest I ever felt, but too little to late I won`t be a repeat buyer no matter how well the rifle shoots!

Last edited:

bsoliday

FNG
I have a CT Rival that shoots well, and have never had an issue in communication w/them. But like Christensen Arms, there seems to be a lot of variability in production and customer support.

Hats off to the OP for posting this, and following his advice 'get a lawyer and have fun'.

One question though. Did you have fun?
Here's a thought to that end.

At the next gun show, have a table near him, act as the Poster boy on what to expect when you buy from Fierce, with the gun as proof. Maybe he'll make you an offer to take it off your hands.

Pics of 10 shot 1/4 minute group or it didn't happen 😬
Oh man, you got me there! I guess consistent 3 shot 1” groups at 400yds doesn’t count :( and that was even with 200gr AB’s at 3145fps. I haven’t taken any photos for a long time, since I developed the load 4 years ago, so I can’t produce photos. I started shooting 215 Bergers last weekend and they are showing even better potential.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Hats off to the OP for posting this, and following his advice 'get a lawyer and have fun'.

One question though. Did you have fun?
Here's a thought to that end.

At the next gun show, have a table near him, act as the Poster boy on what to expect when you buy from Fierce, with the gun as proof. Maybe he'll make you an offer to take it off your hands.

unicorns like that cost when he tries to buy it back.....
An obscene amount.

That video is hilarious... dude misses him a bunch, magazine falls out of the rifle, and he shoots him in the rear end. Did they post that online to convince people to subscribe to the Fierce life? Might need to rethink their marketing strategy.
He looked quite excited too, strange considering all the hunting experience they showed in the lead in to the video.

My heart goes out to the OP and my prayers are with his son and family.
I bought a Fierce Edge 28 Nosler through Cabela's online about 5 years ago for $2500. My first "high end " rifle. I couldn't get it to shoot less than 1 MOA. Sent it back, they did a "deep clean" and sent it back with another test target showing .5 MOA. I still couldn't get it to shoot, and they said they only guaranteed that using their load. (168 VLD, H1000) I was trying to use 175 ABLR's. So I switched and bingo .5 groups. I went to their Long Range Shooting School 2 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Shot the rifle out to 1 mile. I have read through this entire thread, watched the videos, and absolutely agree that there is no excuse for what happened to the OP, and I am very glad he has posted it. I found this post through Long Range Hunters forum. It took me 2 years to finally get my Fierce to shoot the way I wanted it to shoot, which is unacceptable. Some of it was my own inexperience, some of it was on Fierce QC and CS. That being said, that rifle is probably my favorite rifle even though I now do have a gunsmith custom 6.5 SAUM and many other rifles. Bottom line is, I would never buy another Fierce Rifle without actually going to their "factory/store" in Gunnison, UT and shooting a box of rounds through it. At the shooting school, most of the people there were shooting rifles they would then purchase. And they were throughly pleased with their purchase before leaving - shooting their rifle out to a mile. I'm not sure it is wise to buy a rifle unseen, online, from anyone because of reviews, good or bad.

blairvt

FNG
I read some of these posts and got tired of reading it all. Can someone answer me something. Is there pictures of the barrel with no rifling? I'd like to see that. The OP still has the rifle correct?

I read some of these posts and got tired of reading it all. Can someone answer me something. Is there pictures of the barrel with no rifling? I'd like to see that. The OP still has the rifle correct?
Yes, the OP posted pics.

blairvt

FNG
thats right. OK with you?
Sometimes pics don't show up on my work computer. I see them now. 30 Cal long range shotgun barrel.