Fierce Firearms Carbon Rival Quality??

ndmarine

Lil-Rokslider
Looking into purchasing this gun but wanted to see what my Rokslide brethren thought of Fierce in general and the Carbon Rival in particular?? Looking at a 6.5 PRC

I had previously ordered (and subsequently cancelled) an order for a Christensen Arms Ridgeline but after reading about quality control items and poor craftsman ship, have decided to go in a different direction.

Has anyone experienced taken apart a fierce? Thoughts on bedding quality and attention to detail in general?

Thanks in advance.

Bbell12

WKR

This might help

kickemall

WKR
Had a Fury in .300wm that was a great gun. I ordered a carbon Rival in .300 prc when they came out, against my better judgment of ever getting a newly released anything. Shortly after I got it there was a trigger recall. When I took it apart to change the trigger I found one if the pillars that the bottom metal screwed into was put in at an angle and the bottom metal was in a hard bind when screwed down. So hard I was scared to tighten it back up because I thought it would break. I contacted Fierce and they said to send it back and they would take care of it. I chose to bed it myself because they said it would be at least a month after they got it back. My take - while they were willing to fix it, it never should have left like that. Anybody doing quality control or assembling the rifle had to see how screwed up it was. At the price they’re getting I’d take a hard look at Seekins or save a little more for a custom.

fatbacks

WKR
If I was going to spend that much on a rifle I’d just get a custom rifle that’s made in America.

I have owned two fierce rifles. First one was fantastic and shouldn’t have sold it. Second was sent in twice for accuracy issues which they never addressed. Finally found the messed up action screw seating myself after removing the barrel and them telling me the rifle was fine for months. IMO when you’re paying $4000+ for a rifle it better be close to perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

emm219

FNG
Looking into purchasing this gun but wanted to see what my Rokslide brethren thought of Fierce in general and the Carbon Rival in particular?? Looking at a 6.5 PRC

I had previously ordered (and subsequently cancelled) an order for a Christensen Arms Ridgeline but after reading about quality control items and poor craftsman ship, have decided to go in a different direction.

Has anyone experienced taken apart a fierce? Thoughts on bedding quality and attention to detail in general?

Thanks in advance.
I have a few fierce firearms rifles- Carbon Fury, Carbon Edge, and two non-Carbon Furies. They are very smooth actioned rifles, and I would put their quality above the Christensen rifles (I own 2 - Summit Ti & Ranger 22). The Summit Ti required me to upgrade the bolt knob immediately due to close proximity to the scope, which I’d rather not worry about in a hunting scenario where I don’t have time to think about hand placement on chambering a round (larger bolt knob allowed for it to be further away); additionally the action was not smooth— required lots of oil and dry cycling to get it not to stick. (The rifle is accurate though—chambered in .280ai). The Ranger 22 had to go back due to missing threading and swivel studs in the stock-drilled but no threads/inserts (Christensen did take care of the shipping and turned it around quickly, but still a QC miss) The Fierce firearms other than the Rival are all built on a Sako 85 type action which I prefer to the Remington 700 action for the shorter throw and smoother feel—this is a personal preference as many high-end custom rifles are built on the Remington 700 action. The Rival you are considering is the first Fierce using the Remington 700 action, and I believe comes with a triggertech trigger versus their in-house trigger on their other rifles.

Fierce’s quality control is horrible as is their customer service. I would look elsewhere if I were you. I would take an upgraded tikka or a seekins precision 10 times out of 10 over a fierce. Just my two cents.

emm219

FNG
Fierce’s quality control is horrible as is their customer service. I would look elsewhere if I were you. I would take an upgraded tikka or a seekins precision 10 times out of 10 over a fierce. Just my two cents.
I’ve had the opposite experience…all of mine have been fine in terms of finish/quality, but I did by them from a retailer where I could put my hands on the actual rifle I was buying at the time of purchase. One of the fury rifles was a close-out display and was missing the brake (threaded cap only). I bought it anyways with the discount value and called Fierce about ordering a brake to have in case I wanted to use it since the retailer should have received one for the rifle …they sent me one right out with no cost to me; had it within a week.

I’ve had the opposite experience…all of mine have been fine in terms of finish/quality, but I did by them from a retailer where I could put my hands on the actual rifle I was buying at the time of purchase. One of the fury rifles was a close-out display and was missing the brake (threaded cap only). I bought it anyways with the discount value and called Fierce about ordering a brake to have in case I wanted to use it since the retailer should have received one for the rifle …they sent me one right out with no cost to me; had it within a week.
We bought 4 rifles at the same time. 2 were a complete disaster. Then dealing with them to rectify the issues took over 2 years. I’ve never had worse service from any company I’ve had to work with. I’ll never spend another dollar with Fierce.

Bouldar

Lil-Rokslider
Only held them in a store, never shot a Christensen nor Fierce. The Fierce stock didn’t fit my hand.

amassi

WKR
For what its worth fierce no longer does business with their Canadian counterparts and their products seem to be nicer

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

For what its worth fierce no longer does business with their Canadian counterparts and their products seem to be nicer

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I know. This all happened after moving the company. Obviously some of their guns shoot. A quick google search will show that but some don’t and if you end up with one that doesn’t good luck. It seems people either get a great gun or screwed like my buddy and I. Maybe I’ll take the time and write up a detailed post about our experience. I think it would blow peoples minds.

Thanks a ton that's great to know!! I totally realize the lemons are possible with any manufacturer, I just want to at least lower my odds of it haha and you're the second person today to mention good things about Seekins. I'll do more research on em. Thx!

I ended up purchasing a Seekins PH2!! Hoping for the best and feeling optimistic, still in my CA 10-day pickup wait period haha but excited to get out there with it. Especially after having my questions answered immediatelyy upon calling the Seekins customer service number.
As a fun update here, I am selling my brand new Fierce Rifle (3rd time getting the gun back from them with each of the last 2 not working on the very FIRST day on the range. This time is a brand new gun.) and I called to inform them that the certified target did not appear to be in the box. They swore up and down that they tested it and said it's probably "lying around the factory somewhere." They then asked for my serial number and said they "found it" and I told them to email it to me which they did. Two days later I found the actual certified target in between the foam part of the gun case and the target in my case is COMPLETELY different than the emailed copy haha. What a joke.

I would also highly recommend staying far, far away from Fierce Firearms. I ordered one at the Sports Show in Salt Lake City in February 2022. The salesman said that I should expect the rifle within ~12 weeks from date of order. After 14 weeks I called the rep that I purchased from and was told that I could expect it in two weeks. After an additional 4 weeks I called again, and the rep said it should be ready in two more weeks. Fast forward to the last week of August and still no communication and of course no rifle. I called the customer service line and expressed my concern for the delays and lack of communication. I also communicated that the reason that I ordered is because of the turnaround time as well as the complete package setup with the Sports Show Package discount. He put me on hold and after waiting 15 minutes he gets back on and says it will be ready in 1.5 weeks. The package that I purchased also included a Zeiss scope with a cut turret but Fierce didn't have the powder or bullets to test load data, so they were using a powder and bullets that I did not utilize but they stated that there would not be a change from the powder/bullets that I am utilizing. I offered to conduct load data testing after receiving the rifle and supply that information for the cut turret, but it would not be available in time for the fall elk hunting season. I cancelled the order and of course had to forfeit my $500 deposit because apparently after 8 months of waiting it is not refundable (I knew when I ordered that it was nonrefundable but that was under the Fierce stated 12-week timeframe), but I guess that is a better than giving Fierce an additional $3500 for a rifle that was tossed together at the last minute. I knew better than to go with a production-based company, but I guess we live and learn. I hope this helps with someone else's decision that is on the fence. Just my $.02.