fieldcraft scope mounts?

eoperator

WKR
Recently bought a barrett fieldcraft 308 planning on putting a nightforce nx8 1-8 on it. Looking for the lowest mounts available preferably not talleys . I'm guessing a full lenghth rail is about the only option for the limited mounting real estate on the nx8? Please and thank you for any other options I have not seen.

Talley mounts are great. Especially since the Fieldcraft utilizes #8 screws.
I also have a Fieldcraft in 30.06
30mm rings.
Over the years I’ve used Talley on at least 8 builds. Never an issue. Zero.

Recently bought a barrett fieldcraft 308 planning on putting a nightforce nx8 1-8 on it. Looking for the lowest mounts available preferably not talleys . I'm guessing a full lenghth rail is about the only option for the limited mounting real estate on the nx8? Please and thank you for any other options I have not seen.
What did you end up doing as far as a scope and mount for your fieldcraft?

OP
E

eoperator

WKR
ended up going with nx8 & talleys, has been fine no complaints

Trees91

WKR
Wanted to bump this up with some of my findings.

I have a short action 6.5 with a 3-10 shv on it. Had some issues holding zero with talley lightweights. So I'm ditching them and going with a rail and ring setup.

Talley low 30mm are .40" from receiver to bottom of scope tube.

Talley 0moa rail and Ken Farrell 30mm lows should be .504" if I did my math right.

Only hiccup is the Ken Farrell rings are steel and not sure what they weight. Waiting to hear back from him on weight or if he'll do them in aluminum.

By far the lowest pic rings I've found. So maybe worth a try even with a little extra weight.

Interesting, I’ve been running Talley LWs and Swaro z6 on my 30-06 for a few years with no POI shift. I just replaced the swaro with a NF NXS and contemplated rail and rings. I went ahead and mounted it up in the Talley LWs to get shootin but will likely go rail n rings in the future. Is Talley the “go to” rail or has anyone purchased a Murphy precision Ti rail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trees91

WKR
I have not seen the Murphy rail...didn't know they did a fieldcraft rail to be honest. All I knew about was the Leupold backcountry and Talley rail. I went with talley, the 0moa was slightly lower than the leupy.

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
Very interesting suggestions. May I add yet another:

Getting a Fieldcraft in .30-06 now. Have a Swaro 3,5-28x50 that weigh 650 grams. Which isn’t that bad for the size really.
I’d like to add a mount that lets me change between scopes, making the gun specialized in both alpine hunting as well as bush and woodland by adding a 1-4/1-8 or even a red dot sight.

My trusted gunsmith suggested the german ERA G9 pivot mount with a straight front magnum ring.
If we mill out the rear base from the rear bridge, which should be sound and safe given the material, it will give me a height of 0.530». That is pretty sleek and low, with a 50mm, still allowing plenty room for loading and emptying cartridges!

The parts view of the mount shows the rear base we plan to mill out of rear bridge.
The mount on the rifle shows the magnum ring with no extension we plan to use. This is an on/off mount with zero shift in poi. Have had the mount on an old Tikka 25 years ago. A very good option!

83C074E5-F67A-4B6B-B32B-3D3CD7F4C6DC.jpegF9993210-4854-4C1D-AFEF-B2910F8BCCAD.jpeg

Attachments

• 92DA9FBA-00FE-47F5-8BD0-35B576DD5537.jpeg
    92DA9FBA-00FE-47F5-8BD0-35B576DD5537.jpeg
    995.1 KB · Views: 2
NF makes lightweight mounts. Please get high quality rings/mount or you’ll be buying a second set.