Field Printout Critique

UCFJed

FNG
Target Printout.png

Hey! I'm heading to a WY mule deer hunt in two weeks and have created a custom printout for my BDC reticle and would love feedback if I'm missing anything.

Rather than adjust in field, I'm more comfortable using the BDC reticle at this time. Last weekend I went 10/10 at 500y and 8/10 at a clay pigeon at 300y, so I'm confident in my abilities around those ranges.

Assuming I'll be at max zoom for the entire time, ballistic figure calculated at both Nikon's website and Hornady's. I'd love better glass but prioritized other things this trip, so hope the topic can be on field print outs please!

Boltgun

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like you have it laid out as clearly as possible given the parameters.

I’ll admit I have seen a lot of errors from guys trying to use BDC reticles like that for hunting beyond MPBR. It seems to work sufficiently for range work, but under field pressure it seems to fall apart.

Hopefully since you have been training it works out though!

Macintosh

WKR
@UCFJed what do you hold at 420 yards? 530 yards? How has that (ie longish ranges in-between the reticle marks) worked in practice?

OP
UCFJed

UCFJed

FNG
@UCFJed what do you hold at 420 yards? 530 yards? How has that (ie longish ranges in-between the reticle marks) worked in practice?

It’s a concern of mine if it’s falls within one of the dead spots. For the 400-500 yard shots I have taken, it’s been solid on steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk