FHF Gear Bino Harness

BOW1144

Lil-Rokslider
Going on my second year of having mine and still love it. I made some minor modifications to mine. First I lined the inside of the Bino pouch with fleece tape which eliminated all noise when removing the binos. I also modified by range finder pouch so it would open up a little bigger making it easier to get my range finder in and out.

yak

Lil-Rokslider
Waiting for them to get back in-stock, then I'll be pulling the trigger on one. I've done a ton of research and from what I can tell, the FHF appears to be the best all around harness for the price.

SDHNTR

WKR
Too noisy for a bowhunter, fine for a gun hunter. Lid opens the wrong way. Had one and am still looking.

I have killed an elk and had many many close encounters with my FHF gear. Do I wish it was a bit quieter... probably. But it is more in your head than you think. Besides if you are digging out your binos when you are close enough for them to be scared by that noise... you shouldnt be goofing with your binos anyway.

Also, I used to think the lid opened the wrong way, but I have used the KUIU and the bino bro a LOT lately and i am thinking I actually like the fhf system better.

Joe

Besides if you are digging out your binos when you are close enough for them to be scared by that noise... you shouldnt be goofing with your binos anyway.

Now you and Ryan have to go saying a bunch of crazy chit that just turned the world upside down.

You're absolutely correct though, if they can hear the cordura you should be drawing your bow, not screwing with your binos.

Shrek

WKR
I like the way the lid works. I can slip the bino's under the lid if I don't hook it one handed and I mostly tuck the lid inside if I'm just slipping around looking.

SDHNTR

WKR
I shot two elk with my stickbow wearing mine.
Sure, but did you actually have to use it? As in, pull the binos out and put them back with the animal close by? Try that on a wary whitetail or coues, sitting in a stand at 15 yards on a cold still morning. Thing sounds like firecrackers going off.

I hunt crowded SoCal public land. We can shoot does and branched bucks, but no spikes. So you often need to use binos at close range to verify. Last year I had a deer come in to about 15 yards from my tree stand. It's head was in some brush and it was dusk. It was cold and still. I had to use my glasses. I tried as slowly and quietly as possible to open the pouch and remove them but he nailed me in the tree right away, the pouch was so loud. He bolted. Ended up only being a spike, but I ditched the FHF from that point on. Have had numerous similar experiences since then, where my binos would have been useless had they been in a FHF pouch.

Last edited:

SDHNTR

WKR
Now you and Ryan have to go saying a bunch of crazy chit that just turned the world upside down.

You're absolutely correct though, if they can hear the cordura you should be drawing your bow, not screwing with your binos.

I could not disagree more. I use binos all the time in bow range. Quite regularly actually. I hunt pigs a lot in thick brush. Just recently had to use binos at ten yards to see which way the pig was laying for a shot.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I have shot a few late season archery deer with an FHF on also. I have looked at animals up close and personal using both harnesses. The only time they have screwed me was when the buckles on the AGC harness banged together. I am not saying my way is right. Just sharing my experiences. I also rifle hunt more than I bowhunt so take that FWIW.

bbrown

WKR
The FHF is my favorite and I have tried a bunch. Rides tight, keeps binos and a few other odds and ends close at hand while protecting that expensive glass. No they are not silent (especially when cold) but to hear people complain about the noise is funny considering how many guys on here are big fans and supporters of kifaru, MR and other packs made out of the same or similar material.

Different strokes for different folks I guess...

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The FHF bino harness is still one of my favorite pieces of gear. It has also held up quite well since I got it in 2012. It has seen a lot of miles too.

I don't find it too loud for rifle or archery hunting. However, I don't do much glassing under 20 yards either.

I could not disagree more. I use binos all the time in bow range. Quite regularly actually. I hunt pigs a lot in thick brush. Just recently had to use binos at ten yards to see which way the pig was laying for a shot.

So if you can't see which direction it's laying because of brush, how are you going to find an open lane for your arrow?

SDHNTR

WKR
So if you can't see which direction it's laying because of brush, how are you going to find an open lane for your arrow?
. The brush itself wasn't exactly the problem, it was the shaded area caused by overhanging brush. It was too shaded to see with the naked eye and I didn't want to Take another step trying to get a better look when my binos were easily accessible. I can think of MANY other circumstances where I used my binos inside of 30 yards to get a better look at an animal, for one reason or another.

another solid vote here for the FHF system. I run the bino,range finder combo. two archery seasons in, and zero complaints on my part.

. The brush itself wasn't exactly the problem, it was the shaded area caused by overhanging brush. It was too shaded to see with the naked eye and I didn't want to Take another step trying to get a better look when my binos were easily accessible. I can think of MANY other circumstances where I used my binos inside of 30 yards to get a better look at an animal, for one reason or another.

Roger that. Hope you find one you like.