Feedback

I Am Gunz

Lil-Rokslider
So I know this topic has been talked about in a few different threads, but I wanted to bring it up again, specifically, for an interaction I had today. I had inquired about a post in the classified's, but I needed a few things to fall in place for it to work for me. A couple 2-3 days had gone by and this individual reached out to see if I was still interested. He reached out because there were others who inquired as well and wanted to be potential buyers. He was giving me "dibs" because I was the first to comment on it. That is nothing out of the ordinary, but I have also seen people sell it to the first person with cash in hand. I want to clarify that I don't feel there is anything wrong with that approach, but it was refreshing to see someone start from the first message and work back down the list. Maybe I am just reading into this a little much, but it was nice to see as I have lost out on stuff because someone was able to reply faster. So the main point of my story is, I feel a lot of people don't leave feedback on interactions they have had with fellow Roksliders. I try my best (even though we all forget) to leave some feedback. This way people can get an idea of the person they are working with. I left said individual feedback and I didn't even purchase or sell anything to them. I just wanted others to know when they interact with them, they are getting a genuine, honest person.

CorbLand

WKR
So you never purchased anything from them, thus you have no idea if they would actually send it but you left feedback because you know that person is genuine and honest?

This should not be allowed, feedback should be for purchases only.

OP
I Am Gunz

I Am Gunz

Lil-Rokslider
So you never purchased anything from them, thus you have no idea if they would actually send it but you left feedback because you know that person is genuine and honest?

This should not be allowed, feedback should be for purchases only.
If feedback is for purchases only then my apologies. I am in the wrong.

In the feedback I left though, I specifically said that I did not purchase anything from them and was solely leaving positive feedback based on them as a person and the interaction I had with them.

CorbLand

WKR
If feedback is for purchases only then my apologies. I am in the wrong.

In the feedback I left though, I specifically said that I did not purchase anything from them and was solely leaving positive feedback based on them as a person and the interaction I had with them.
1701804541014.png

I will let a mod define what constitutes a transaction.

In my opinion, feedback should be based on the actual trading of goods/services. If not, people could leave negative feedback because they didnt like that I am a cash in hand kind of seller. Without a defined appropriate way of handling business, it would become to arbitary and skew feedback.

OP
I Am Gunz

I Am Gunz

Lil-Rokslider
In my opinion, feedback should be based on the actual trading of goods/services. If not, people could leave negative feedback because they didnt like that I am a cash in hand kind of seller. Without a defined appropriate way of handling business, it would become to arbitary and skew feedback.
I guess I never looked at it from that side of the coin. That could definitely turn into a slippery slope given the example you pointed out. I was just trying to highlight a really good interaction I had with someone in the Rokslide community and thought I would try to bring some positivity to the day was all. After all this though, I would agree that you're right about feedback. It should probably only be used if goods or services are exchanged.