Favorite ways to process Mule Deer?

JG358

WKR
Keep the tender and backstraps and grind the rest into sausage(hot Italian, Breakfast, summer)

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I recently did a blind test of mule deer, whitetail and antelope backstrap using the same recipe. It was all over the map as far as what was the best, and all were very good. Mule deer is fine eating if cared for and cooked properly.

I recently did a blind test of mule deer, whitetail and antelope backstrap using the same recipe. It was all over the map as far as what was the best, and all were very good. Mule deer is fine eating if cared for and cooked properly.

Exactly. This. Mule deer meat is actually good and similar in many ways to other deer subspecies but people just have a psychological issue with it.

bohntr

WKR
Okay, keep telling ourselves that. 😁. For those that eat a lot of both (mule deer and whitetail) they will usually tell you, whitetail hands down is better tasting........and I’m a Miley fanatic! 😎. By the way, BOTH are processed and cooked the same.

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Anyone who tells you a sage eating mule deer is better eating than a corn fed whitetail has been sniffing glue. That being said, Mule deer are my favorite animal to hunt. I just tend to use the meat to make brats, sausage and jerkies to hide the taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Drew@selway

Lil-Rokslider
burger and best steaks for me. Mule deer is easily my favorite game meat.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk