Favorite podcasts

I really liked the first couple of seasons of Ear Hustle. Very interesting.

There was a change that I think would spoil things, even if it didn't change your enjoyment... I'll just say that if you're curious, start at the beginning.

It's recorded in a prison, with inmates.

Ha, that was exactly my process for picking a few YFBSes to get rolling. I found that although the hosts sometimes try too hard to be funny/edgy, there was much more to agree than disagree with.

C&R seems pretty great so far. The subject material of the grittier country music scene before the music-video era and 9/11 turned it to crap is fascinating, the host is super-listenable, there aren’t any ads (yet?), and the production is all-around excellent. Thanks for the tip on that one; always nice to learn about something new. 🍻
Also.

Tyler from C&R is the Tyler from YFBS.

Interesting how his attitude changes.

jayhawk

WKR
No Agenda is really good. Not an interview style. Just two guys deconstructing media reports. And they have their listeners produce the show so there's no sponsors and they can say whatever they want. Genius really.

Meateater is good, but it's beginning to slide away. They're doing less education and more promoting than they used to.

Hardcore History never lets me down. Dan Carlin is the man.

Sean Ryan Show is good. Needs better production but I almost always enjoy listening.

sneaky

"DADDY"
If you guys can't find Sean Ryan's podcast, it's because it's Shawn Ryan's Vigilance Elite. Mike Glover with Fieldcraft is another good one.

scwilso35

FNG
Im following a handful, but The Meateater, Beargrease, Wired to Hunt, and Fantasy Focus Football are the ones I look most forward to. Just started listening to a few episodes of the Hunting Gear Podcast. Enjoyed Cutting the Distance when Remi Warren was hosting, but I find Jason Phelps a little awkward. Just added Live Wild to my list after seeing it mentioned here. Will check it out.

Yoder

WKR
Jocko podcast is my favorite. The Sean Ryan Show is also one of the best. Big Woods Bucks is really good I love those guys from Maine. Before the Echo with Dan Infalt and The Hunting Public.