Favorite podcasts

CorbLand

WKR
I also listen to anything that Robby is on...he could do a two hour podcast on proper dandelion sniffing technique and I would listen to the whole damn thing.

grfox92

WKR
Jocko
MeatEater
Shawn Ryan Show
Cleared Hot
Danger Close with Jack Carr
Joe Rogan
SOG Cast

And the brand new Live Wild with Remi Warren

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I also listen to anything that Robby is on...he could do a two hour podcast on proper dandelion sniffing technique and I would listen to the whole damn thing.
Who is Robby? What is the name of the podcast? Thanks.

AMZddog

FNG
Kick an old post.
Rogan, east meets west, live wild with Remi.
What’s everyone listening on? I used to use apple podcasts, then Podbean but ever since Rohan went to Spotify I rarely use any other platforms. Every podcast I listen to is on there so it makes it easier. Also has my music too

The_Yetti

Lil-Rokslider
One of my favorites is Tundra Talk, probably the only one I listen to every single podcast!

Ibex

FNG
Sheep fever is a new one. Interviewed Robert Anderson a great story teller and sheep hunting historian for the first 2 episodes.

Behind the Bastards
Lions Led by Donkeys
Well There's Your Problem
Lots of other random history podcasts on topics I'm curious about.

Bear Grease is sometimes pretty interesting.

Az wildcat

Lil-Rokslider
I have listened to all the usuals and right now the only one still in the stable is kifarucast but it’s not the same without Franks STD jokes.

Another one that I have been rocking is Alaska wild project. It normally is just 3-4 dudes talking about Alaska and their hunting, camping, and fishing. Some are very location specific but I find it feels like a conversation and some buddies talking over beers vs a done up podcast.

This is coming from an AZ boy who wants to live in Alaska.

Fundamental Health with Paul Saladino

The Fallen State

The Orthodox Ethos

Chris Thralls Bought the t-shirt.

To throw a few out there that no-one has mentioned.

Behind the Bastards
Lions Led by Donkeys
Well There's Your Problem
Lots of other random history podcasts on topics I'm curious about.

Bear Grease is sometimes pretty interesting.
Good mix there. I started listening to podcasts during a renovation project after my first child was born, and found that they’re a great way to learn things while the hands and eyes are occupied.

I’ve heard at least few episodes from most of them. Personally, I find that certain members of the WTYP crew can get a bit grating, but Nate is cool and his What a Hell of a Way To Die podcast is quality.

Hands-down the best podcast I’ve heard is Blowback, which is just incredibly well-researched and -presented. I can’t recommend it more highly, especially if you appreciate a good history session.

Good mix there. I started listening to podcasts during a renovation project after my first child was born, and found that they’re a great way to learn things while the hands and eyes are occupied.

I’ve heard at least few episodes from most of them. Personally, I find that certain members of the WTYP crew can get a bit grating, but Nate is cool and his What a Hell of a Way To Die podcast is quality.

Hands-down the best podcast I’ve heard is Blowback, which is just incredibly well-researched and -presented. I can’t recommend it more highly, especially if you appreciate a good history session.
I listen to them while working... Carpentry work. Same thing, learn some stuff passively.

I find most of the WTYP crew a bit grating. But Liam's rage mixed with the deadpan explanations offsets it most of the time. I like Hell of a Way to Die a lot as well, but it moves slower so it doesn't work as well for me as a background to work.

I'll try Blowback, I've never heard of it.

@displacedtexan
Ha, cool. I’m doing a bunch of the work on my new build right now, and I find having a good podcast makes the routine parts of the job go easier.

1658600233708.jpeg

Yeah, Nate and Francis can definitely ramble a bit. That’s fine sometimes, but it makes me really appreciate a focused all-killer-no-filler series like Blowback. I’d love to hear what you think of it if you get a chance to listen.

Also, here are a couple of individual podcast episodes that have stood out as being exceptional because of how knowledgeable and engaging the subjects and interviewees were. The story of how the Vietnamese started with essentially nothing and defeated two massive empires back-to-back is simply mind-blowing. I’m really hoping Blowback does a season on it, too.

Last edited:
Oh, yeah.

I also LOVE Cocaine and Rhinestones, but they're inbetween seasons.

Your Favorite Band Sucks is also entertaining.
Ah nice; I’ve heard of those two but haven’t given either a listen yet. I’ll cue up a few episodes for today’s flooring work; any in particular you’d recommend to start with?

<scrolls through episode list>

Mostly sucky bands, but a quite few that should be interesting to see how they make the case for the alleged suckitude… :unsure:

Kick an old post.
Rogan, east meets west, live wild with Remi.
What’s everyone listening on? I used to use apple podcasts, then Podbean but ever since Rohan went to Spotify I rarely use any other platforms. Every podcast I listen to is on there so it makes it easier. Also has my music too
If you still use an iOS device, Castro works amazingly well. At the other end of the spectrum, the Apple Podcasts app absolutely stinks.

Ah nice; I’ve heard of those two but haven’t given either a listen yet. I’ll cue up a few episodes for today’s flooring work; any in particular you’d recommend to start with?

<scrolls through episode list>

Mostly sucky bands, but a quite few that should be interesting to see how they make the case for the alleged suckitude… :unsure:
Part of the premise is that all bands suck.

So they'll never run out of material!

Season two of C&R is one long story. Think Malcom Gladwell covering George Jones. But the intros that set the stage... On another level. It gets REALLY good around episode 5.

YFBS is an odd one. Start with a band you kinda like but don't think is all that special. I have never listened to The Chainsmokers, and I loved that episode. The Beatles suck was great because I hate the Beetles.

Ha, that was exactly my process for picking a few YFBSes to get rolling. I found that although the hosts sometimes try too hard to be funny/edgy, there was much more to agree than disagree with.

C&R seems pretty great so far. The subject material of the grittier country music scene before the music-video era and 9/11 turned it to crap is fascinating, the host is super-listenable, there aren’t any ads (yet?), and the production is all-around excellent. Thanks for the tip on that one; always nice to learn about something new. 🍻

Ha, that was exactly my process for picking a few YFBSes to get rolling. I found that although the hosts sometimes try too hard to be funny/edgy, there was much more to agree than disagree with.

C&R seems pretty great so far. The subject material of the grittier country music scene before the music-video era and 9/11 turned it to crap is fascinating, the host is super-listenable, there aren’t any ads (yet?), and the production is all-around excellent. Thanks for the tip on that one; always nice to learn about something new. 🍻
I agree pretty much completely with your assessment of YFBS...

I've listened to season 2 three times by now, and it actually gets better relistening. It was very clearly mapped out with a plan!