Favorite Healthy Recipes

MattB

WKR
I make salmon in a foil pouch that is really easy. Marinate for 3-4 hours in a combo of 1 cup olive oil, 1 cup soy sauce and 1 cup brown sugar, seal the fillet in foil with a little extra marinade, and bake or bbq. My daughter has a friend who “doesn’t eat fish” who absolute loves it.

MattB

WKR
I brine a flat or two of boneless, skinless chicken thighs once a week. Simple brine, 6-8 hours. Marinate some if you’d like, cook on grill. Adjust amount based on the number you’re feeding and that’s a decent tasting, reasonably healthy source of protein for the weeks lunches.
We have really taken to chicken thighs at our house. Very, very teriyaki sauce (brand name) is great in them.

Sweet potato fries salted and baked til a little bit crispy are good side with them.

Awesome to hear you’re focusing on eating healthier this year!The main thing when cooking naturally food is to use good ingredients without harmful additives. I’ve got a couple of go-to recipes that might help. For quick and tasty, I love making a big batch of quinoa salad with chickpeas, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and a simple lemon-tahini dressing. For a hearty meal, try a sweet potato and black bean chili—super filling and packed with flavor. As for cookbooks, “The Skinnytaste Cookbook” has some great, healthy recipes that are pretty easy to follow. Hope this helps!

MtnHtr

FNG
Buckwheat pancakes (buckwheat flour mixed with almond flour, oat flour, pinch of baking soda, egg whites, hint of avacado oil).
Warmed blueberries and strawberries mashed for syrup. Great source of energy.

20240601_084012 (1).jpg

Best advice I can think of is shop the perimeter of the grocery store, buy food with one ingredient (I.e. chicken, carrots, broccoli, rice, potato, etc.), and then make meals from those ingredients! Too much processed food is consumed today. If you make your own food, that’ll take care of a lot of issues on its own.

Next step would be to watch what’s on your plate. Eat high protein, nutrient dense meals. Limit processed snack food/desserts. And watch your sauces and oils. Lots of sauces make meals taste better, but are loaded with sugar/corn syrup. Seed oils are out, cool with real butter or Avocado oil (olive oil isn’t bad either, but check your packaging, only pure olive oil from on source is what you want. Harder to find at your local Wallyworld)

fatlander

WKR
Meat seasoned with salt and pepper, properly cooked in animal fat in a cast iron skillet is damn good, and it’s damn good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grilled chicken breast is the best. Get the grill piping hot and sear both sides. Turn heat down and let it sit. Get a meat thermometer and pull it at 160.