Favorite elk Rifle

My buddies CA Ridgeline, I think it's just under 7 lbs.
I just built a 30 Sherman Mag and its a real shooter.
However my indecisive self wants to build a really light 7 wsm now so I might sell it

Dude just under 7 is light as hell. I hope you aren’t really struggling with that and if so maybe hit the gym instead of a lighter gun lol. I’m mainly just messing with you some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wyodan

WKR
300 Win Mag on a Remington action. I had it built about 15 years ago, it has done me good. 8-8.5 lbs

Might change if I ever get my next project done.

280 AI with 140 gr. Partitions or Accubonds
TIE
30-06 with 165 gr. Partitions or Accubonds

I cannot pick one over the other as they both are fantastic and I like both cartridges a LOT! The 280 AI is in that Model 70 Classic Sporter I had custom made into a 280 AI. The 30-06 is a Ruger 1B. TIE on the rifles too! I love shooting and carrying the Ruger 1B. It is just a beautiful rifle with pretty wood and is just a classy rifle. The Winchester is special too. My first and only custom rifle build. What's not to like about a controlled round feed Model 70. Classic as they come. TIE

Firehawk

WKR
Kimber Montana is awesome to carry into the hills. I have mine in .325 WSM which has proven extremely effective on elk I shot with it. That said, my 7mm Rem Mag has more punch at really long range and shoots flatter. If I were to do it all over again and could only have one? I would still pick my 325WSM as long as I can find components to reload. And I have hoarded brass and bullets to get me by for several years.

mcseal2

WKR
I will use a 300 win mag with 180 grain Nosler E tips next time. I had it built before my moose hunt and like it very much for Alaska and I’m sure it will do well on elk.

The 7mm Rem Mag and 270 win with Nosler Accubonds worked well for me in the past. Put a good bullet in the right place and most calibers work.

I prefer the extra penetration of the heavier, tougher bullet after not all the bullets from the lighter guns exited. They worked, I just prefer overkill.

MT257

WKR
tell me more!! I know shot placement, and love my 257, but always think I am under powered?
What would you like to know. My 257 with 110 accubonds going roughly a bit more than 3400fps, has taken numerous elk. I think the total number of steps after bullet impact combined is 1.5( that cow did a half circle and tipped over). I have recovered multiple mushrooms that seem to weigh between 55-60 gr. Let me konw if you have any further questions.

NV HUNTER

WKR
What would you like to know. My 257 with 110 accubonds going roughly a bit more than 3400fps, has taken numerous elk. I think the total number of steps after bullet impact combined is 1.5( that cow did a half circle and tipped over). I have recovered multiple mushrooms that seem to weigh between 55-60 gr. Let me konw if you have any further questions.

maybe I will give it a try this year on my cow hunt.
I was not sure if you were hand loading any thing. I love my 257 and shot it better than any other rifle. Thank you for the feedback.

MT257

WKR
maybe I will give it a try this year on my cow hunt.
I was not sure if you were hand loading any thing. I love my 257 and shot it better than any other rifle. Thank you for the feedback.
I’ve used both 110 accubonds and 115 partitions for elk. Both worked as well as I could have hoped.

crl

FNG
I like to keep it simple with .30-06. Has yet to fail me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Teaman1

WKR
Have two shops in my area that sell 200 grain accubonds for it so I really like my 325 wsm.
My 300 wsm worked well on an elk as well. Find my self sticking with the short actions for the slightly lighter weight