Fairbanks meat storage/ freezer

thayerp81

FNG
In the wake of the Fairbanks Fur Tannery tragically burning to the ground, I am doing some snooping around to try to figure out a way to get our meat frozen if were lucky enough to harvest a Caribou. Does anyone have any experience/ contact with another processor or taxidermist who might be willing to rent some freezer space?

If it’s just to get a freeze on the meat and fly out the next day I just use a hotel like Pikes. Wright air service has freezers.

Smtn10pt

FNG
I would be surprised if someone didn't have a reefer trailer available. Have you tried calling Al?

OP
T

thayerp81

FNG
I would be surprised if someone didn't have a reefer trailer available. Have you tried calling Al?

I considered calling, but figured he was dealing with enough as it is working to identify and contact everyone with items that were in his shop. I saw where Alaska Trophy Express was still looking for an alternate location for holding meat/capes, I figured if Al was planning on renting another reefer they would be one of the first to know.

I may try calling a little closer to season if nothing has popped up by then.

OP
T

thayerp81

FNG
Thanks for the heads up, Pikes looks like an amazing place, but a little spendy at $400-$500 a night during our time. I will contact Wrights to see if they’re willing to rent freezer space to non-clients.

My Caribou hunt was in 2020, but at that time, Pikes did not have a freezer for us to use. They did have a nice restaurant bar next door tho that occupied a long layover.