Fairbanks meat storage/ freezer

thayerp81

FNG
In the wake of the Fairbanks Fur Tannery tragically burning to the ground, I am doing some snooping around to try to figure out a way to get our meat frozen if were lucky enough to harvest a Caribou. Does anyone have any experience/ contact with another processor or taxidermist who might be willing to rent some freezer space?

If it’s just to get a freeze on the meat and fly out the next day I just use a hotel like Pikes. Wright air service has freezers.

Smtn10pt

FNG
I would be surprised if someone didn't have a reefer trailer available. Have you tried calling Al?

OP
T

thayerp81

FNG
I would be surprised if someone didn't have a reefer trailer available. Have you tried calling Al?

I considered calling, but figured he was dealing with enough as it is working to identify and contact everyone with items that were in his shop. I saw where Alaska Trophy Express was still looking for an alternate location for holding meat/capes, I figured if Al was planning on renting another reefer they would be one of the first to know.

I may try calling a little closer to season if nothing has popped up by then.

OP
T

thayerp81

FNG
Thanks for the heads up, Pikes looks like an amazing place, but a little spendy at $400-$500 a night during our time. I will contact Wrights to see if they’re willing to rent freezer space to non-clients.

My Caribou hunt was in 2020, but at that time, Pikes did not have a freezer for us to use. They did have a nice restaurant bar next door tho that occupied a long layover.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Dont rely on Wright Air's freezer, it fills fast. AK Trophy Express is the way ahead, as Al had arrangements with them to have the freezer.

lb