facts as you age:

for me my appetite has dwindled. I force myself to eat on some days. This year I lost 8 lbs on my backcountry elk bowhunt. At 5'9" my weight this past year has fluctuated from my winter bulk of 178# down to 162# when I returned from the hunt. Granted when elk training starts in March I drop into the low 170's. I am a protein freak and try to consume my weight in grams per day. I also use creatine. I am back on my winter bulk regimine with weights and light rucking. The wife and I have an antelope hunt coming up and with her bum knee I may be packing out 2 goats if all goes well thus the reason for rucking. Im 63,retired and my motto is Do Something Physical Everyday!!

Ehunter

FNG
You young guys will find out at 67 things have changed you can try to slow it down but age catches up to us all. The cold the stiffness the energy all affects us differently. Not whining just letting you know. 😀

PlumberED

WKR
Classified Approved
You young guys will find out at 67 things have changed you can try to slow it down but age catches up to us all. The cold the stiffness the energy all affects us differently. Not whining just letting you know. 😀
Thanks for the encouragement, I thought I would skip all of that process. :)

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It takes more time to get into shape and less time to get out of shape. Also a "recover day" or rest day during the season is no longer laughed at but part of the drill.

I've really found that true w/ strength training. I had about 7-8 week hiatus from lifting this late summer; finally went back to the gym and I had to significantly cut back the weight.