Facemask, Paint, Neither....??

bowuntr

WKR
Face mask... been using it for years. Most of the time I could get away without it... but I won't take that chance. Ed F

Face mask... been using it for years. Most of the time I could get away without it... but I won't take that chance. Ed F

X2. I've killed more animals with my bow with a facemask than not. I grow a pretty good beard anyways but don't want to take the risk of not having it. Probably more for peace of mind than anything.

Mike

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the mask from my ASAT leafy suit because it is light and well ventilated. Has anyone tried one of those new Buff masks?

LostArra

WKR
I use a Buff as a mask, balaclava, cap and neck gaiter.
Best mask available for no string interference on a trad bow.

It helped when they started making them in earth tones and camo (mossy oak-treestand) rather than Rastafarian tie-dye.

I have not tried a wool or fleece model.

KMD

Banned
Camo mesh face mask for me. Weighs less than an ounce, takes the shine off your face, offers minimal bug protection and no sweaty grease smearing everywhere. I slit a hole in the mouth area for operating a hand call, and a small + shaped cut on the tip of my nose to feel my bowstring on skin...

Last edited:

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I go for the paint goop......rub it on and go. Can't stand the facemask and have used the paint for 25 yrs.

Just had an encounter yesterday where I was 70 yards from a buck standing upright among some 4-5' tall spruce tree's wearing my facemask. Only took about 2 minutes for the buck to calm down. Doubt it would've happened like that had I not had it.

Mike

bobhunts

WKR
I have used both and always never take the face paint of so my sleeping bag and clothes look like chit so I don't do that anymore plus you sweat it off anyways. The face mask hangs inside my ball camp. then I pull it down.