Facebook

Azone

WKR
It’s only just begun, wait till postpartum hits. You ain’t seen shit yet.
Only SM I’ve ever had is rokslide. FB is responsible for half of the world’s problems as far as I’m concerned. My wife has it and she knows to leave me the hell out of it. If I have not talked to you since high school, there’s probably a reason.

I'm not getting rid of Facebook. Marketplace is how I buy cheap junk I don't need.

I very rarely post, or interact on personal posts.

I do participate in a few enthuasist groups.

I actually get a ton of value from Facebook. I very very rarely post but I actually gain a lot of info from over sharing guides about where the fish are in the river and where the geese are in the valley. It’s incredibly useful as their constant need to drive new clients actually causes them a ton of competition.

I also use it to advertise for a non profit I chair and there is a group about aluminum jet boats that is basically Rokslide for jet boat guys but with less virtual Grab ass. So much knowledge ppl are willing to share. I’ve fixed my boat twice just by asking questions and instantly people with the same motor who have had same problem chime in.

Insta on the other hand has been a giant time suck. I deleted mine for Lent but unfortunately I replaced it with learning to make memes for Rokslide.

I also get updates from local news stations as well as ultra quick updates about local wildfires.

Frankly Facebook saved a lot of lives in my area in the past 10 years due to poor evacuation notification infrastructure.

I had a girl that worked for me whos mother would not evacuate because the sherrif didn’t have an official announcement out. She was being told on Facebook her neighborhood was about to burn. She ended up leaving without her mom and the evac notice never came. They found her remains where the living room had been.

I deleted all social media accounts a year ago. No regrets at all. I never posted often but was on it scrolling too much. I hardly even notice I don't have it anymore. I did created a new blank FB page though for marketplace and backcountry/hunting/gear groups. Too many deals on there

wyodan

WKR
You won't regret deleting it. It is the biggest waste of time that you can imagine. I just opened back up an account since I am looking for a mule, and everything is advertised on there. I cannot wait to delete my account again!

It's always a competition between people that don't use Facebook and people who don't watch NFL who can pat themselves on the back the hardest. Good business for my PT wife taking care of all the dislocated shoulders.

Facebook was invented as I graduated high school so literally all of my high school and college friends are on it. I'm not willing to just walk away from 1,000 relationships forever so I keep Facebook. I reconnect with old friends several times a year through it. People will be coming to AK and I'll meet them for lunch or I'll go somewhere and they'll help me out. It's awesome. And I'm 3,000 miles away from all my old friends and family so it's a great way to keep up to date and in touch. Marketplace is great to buy and sell items without having to deal with shipping and the couple Alaska hunting and fishing groups on there are much more informative and active than Rokslide or the AK forum.

If a person can't manage their time or emotions, Facebook and all social media can be a pretty horrible thing. But if a person can put self-imposed restrictions in place and follow them, it's actually pretty awesome.

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
I got rid of everything about 3 years ago and don't miss it a bit. If there is something worth seeing on there my wife shows me.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I got rid of everything about 3 years ago and don't miss it a bit. If there is something worth seeing on there my wife shows me.
My wife shows me certain post which I later fact check and find what was posted was pure BS. One was, due to the rain in the west Lake Mead was at spill way, BS. There were others but because they were leaning towards political in nature I won't mention them. Don't want another vacation from Rokslid.