F-150 All-terain tires

ETtikka

WKR
I hope you meant LT(light truck). P (passenger) rated tires are basically car tires with a truck thread. Not what I would want on truck that does any kind of gravel road driving.
P metric are what most 1/2 ton trucks get from the factory , I understand LT tires are 10ply instead of 6 or whatever but I don’t tow anything over 6-7k lbs, and I have used p metric on gravel for decades with no issues, I don’t do any hard core off-roading

BCsteve

WKR
P metric are what most 1/2 ton trucks get from the factory , I understand LT tires are 10ply instead of 6 or whatever but I don’t tow anything over 6-7k lbs, and I have used p metric on gravel for decades with no issues, I don’t do any hard core off-roading
They put P tires from the factory because they're cheaper and ride smoother. My trucks never leave the dealer's lot with the factory tires, I always upgrade to LT's. YMMV.

ETtikka

WKR
They put P tires from the factory because they're cheaper and ride smoother. My trucks never leave the dealer's lot with the factory tires, I always upgrade to LT's. YMMV.
Yep, cheaper , lighter , better mpg ratings, i just don’t need em since forest service roads are my my only off roading

OP
Firehole Hunter

Firehole Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I really like the Toyo AT3's so far. Very quiet, look great and get a lot of compliments. I let you know down the road so to speak about tread life, traction in the mud, snow, ice, rain and other attributes after a few thousand miles have been put on them. But know that I don't use them year round, just from Sept. to Dec. usually. I don't need them most of the year here in Georgia.

wapitibob

WKR
I am mostly a hwy/around town driver but use the truck for hunting a few times a year also. I wanted one of the quietest AT tires I could find. Was originally going to go with Toyo AT2 or 3s but a local shop had some Bridgestone Dueller AT Revo 3s available for a good price and I grabbed them. Been happy with them so far.

I put hundreds of thousands of miles on the Revo II with my F-350; a very nice option. They would fill up with WY gumbo but they were awesome for the remaining 98% of their life whether hwy or hunting.

Fatcamp

WKR
I put hundreds of thousands of miles on the Revo II with my F-350; a very nice option. They would fill up with WY gumbo but they were awesome for the remaining 98% of their life whether hwy or hunting.

I don't think a tire is made that can defeat Wyoming mud.

Using Toyo AT3 on an F250. Highway and mud are both great so far.

TX_Diver

WKR
Best part is they were $500 for a set! Local shop had them from someone who took them off a new vehicle.

I do like them though. They are quiet for the majority of my driving but do fine for
The little off roading I do hunting each year. I’ll consider em again when it’s time for the next set.

wapitibob

WKR
I don't think a tire is made that can defeat Wyoming mud.

Using Toyo AT3 on an F250. Highway and mud are both great so far.
Toyo MT were way better than the AT on muddy WY roads but they are way soft and wore out in 35000 miles on the f-350 and no mileage warranty.

Last edited:

BCsteve

WKR
Yep, cheaper , lighter , better mpg ratings, i just don’t need em since forest service roads are my my only off roading
It's all dependent on the use. One of my moose spot is 3hours of gravel logging road. A P rated tire would never survive. Glad it works for you.

Fatcamp

WKR
Toyo MT were way better than the MT on muddy WY roads but they are way soft and wore out in 35000 miles on the f-350 and no mileage warranty.

Come again? Did you mean the MT was way better than the AT?

Going back this year. Gonna try to blow it off ASAP. Last time it was on my truck for a year.

DEGdog

FNG
Continental TerrainContact on my 14 f150. Needed something as much for snow as for mud and light off-road. They are not super aggressive but have been decent. Seem to be wearing faster than I expected.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I have the LRC (6ply) BFG K02s on my F-150 in 285/70/17 intended for Jeep Rubicons/Gladiator. They've been great and they're a bit lighter than the 8/10 ply versions and they ride better.

I don't generally take my truck off of the pavement, however, as I have an mildly built 99' XJ Cherokee for hunting/4x4.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

HuntWyo

FNG
Best tires for the money hands down Toyo at/3 great on road and off road manners, 3 peak mountain snowflake certified (as good in the snow as the blizzak LT ) and the mud performance is right on par with some mud terrains I’ve ran previously. So impressed with them, all 3 of our vehicles have them now! I drive 20 miles of dirt road a day along with 45 highway miles (130 miles a day round trip ) 32k miles so far and well over half tread left on them. Only tires I’ve purchased and not had regrets about later on down the road!

AT- Toyo AT 3
Hybrid-Toyo RT
Mudd- coin flip on the BFG KM3 (harder and louder)and Toyo MT(softer and quieter)

ETtikka

WKR
Here are the new Coopers , they are surprisingly quiet , these are p metric, LT obviously has more tread depth , but these have the most tread depth I could find in this size 255/70/18

Attachments

• 57946EAB-FA27-4574-A4E7-2B19FCC48138.jpeg
    57946EAB-FA27-4574-A4E7-2B19FCC48138.jpeg
    367.2 KB · Views: 18