F-150 All-terain tires

I had this same experience with my KO2s. Once they got to about half tread, they stunk on wet roads. Great tire up to that point.

OP, most of the options given in this thread will do what you need. Hard to beat any of the name brand tires today. My recommendation is to go at least with a D load range (8 ply) at a minimum. I have always used E (10 ply) and can’t tell you the last flat tire I have had in the last 20 years.

That's a good point on how they change with wear. They were definitely better on wet roads when new but even then I wasn't impressed with wet road performance.

Rob5589

WKR
Toyo AT3 is a better all around tire than the newer KO in my experience. Better and longer wear, better wet traction, better in mud for an AT. The Falken AT3W is another great tire.

Mosby

WKR
I've seen an awful lot of wildpeak tires around lately. I also have them on my f150. I had duratracs before these and plan to go back to them after these wear out. Wildpeaks are not a bad tire. They do not perform as good in the snow and mud after they start to wear down however. It's hard to beat duratracs in the snow. They clean out very well in my experience. My last set of duratracs lasted 80k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I have Duratrac's on my Chevy. They have been excellent in snow, mud and even on ice. The only concern I have had is they are only a 2 ply tire and they have miles on them. I think all tires loose performance when they start to wear down. I am replacing my Duratrac's with Falken Wildpeak's before hunting season and winter. I will be driving a lot this winter on snow packed highways, unmaintained roads and trails. I will put the Duratrac's back on next spring. I decided its crazy not to keep fresh treads on my truck. One less thing for me to worry about.

It's cheaper to buy new tires and switch them out then getting into an accident or sliding off the trail because I am trying to squeeze out extra miles on my tires. I am going back to running two sets of tires. I will still get my miles and money out of them but won't be running high mileage tires in winter anymore. Having good tires for hunting in fall and winter and my older set in summer and driving around locally makes sense to me. Then rotate them out every few years as needed.

Last edited:

dtrkyman

WKR
I’ve had great luck with Bridgestone dueler at/s…great on the road and adequate off road, I have a slightly lifted grand Cherokee and two sets in a row of that tire all over the country and tons of miles on trails and mountain roads, zero issues and they last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Falken Wildpeaks, never been a fan of BFGs. Second choice would be Cooper ST Maxx.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've seen an awful lot of wildpeak tires around lately. I also have them on my f150. I had duratracs before these and plan to go back to them after these wear out. Wildpeaks are not a bad tire. They do not perform as good in the snow and mud after they start to wear down however. It's hard to beat duratracs in the snow. They clean out very well in my experience. My last set of duratracs lasted 80k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I took a set of Duratrash off at 10k on my truck. May have been a fluke, but those were the worst tires I've ever owned. On any vehicle. You couldn't give me a set of those things. Ran ST Maxx for almost 140k, running Wildpeaks now. Both run circles around those Goodyears.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Having had both KO2's and Wildpeak AT3W's, it's no contest IMO that the AT3W's are superior.

At least for my tire size they are lighter weight, deeper tread, less expensive, quieter and better road manners, and handle better in the snow and rain.

Also had Duratrac's for ~35k miles, absolutely hated them. Loud as hell and slipped on any wet/snowy surface.

stdeb11

FNG
I've been a big fan of the cooper discover st Maxx. A bit more aggressive, but not noticeable road noise and got some good miles out of them

eamyrick

WKR
I have Nitto all terrains on my 2013 F-150. They have 76k on them and the guys at Discount Tire were amazed how much tread they still have left. I’ll get another pair in 10k.

Last edited:

ETtikka

WKR
Cooper Rugged Trek, just came out, very aggressive for AT but incredibly quiet on hwy, I was able to use a P metric size for my tundra, deeper tread than most.

after researching way too much, I went with these over the ko2 and toyo, I previously had the ko2 and I much prefer the Cooper , Cooper a little cheaper also

BFG KO2 all day. Been using them for years. No noise, good traction on and off road, last long for an AT. No brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCsteve

WKR
Cooper Rugged Trek, just came out, very aggressive for AT but incredibly quiet on hwy, I was able to use a P metric size for my tundra, deeper tread than most.

after researching way too much, I went with these over the ko2 and toyo, I previously had the ko2 and I much prefer the Cooper , Cooper a little cheaper also
I hope you meant LT(light truck). P (passenger) rated tires are basically car tires with a truck thread. Not what I would want on truck that does any kind of gravel road driving.

BFG KO2 all day. Been using them for years. No noise, good traction on and off road, last long for an AT. No brainer.

I've had the Toyo R/Ts for 3 years and loved them. Recently blew out a tire and decided to change all 4. Spent 3 days and no one can find those tires, or the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I was told they are back ordered until October. So I had to get the KO2s. I've been really impressed with how quiet they are and the off road handling seems great. They are brand new so I'm interested in seeing how long this lasts but first impressions are good. Plus they look decently aggressive, not as good as the Toyo R/Ts, but not far off IMO.