Extremely Impressed - Savage Timberline 280AI

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Why would you want to do 10 shot groups with a hunting rifle? The barrel isn't really designed with 10 shot strings in mind.

Love my similar Savage High Country btw. The Acusstock isn't the lightest but the adjustability and stiffness make it a very good stock for the price point,
I want to do that for no other reason than I'm interested in how it will perform and I'd like to crank out some load data. While my barrel isn't a true bull style profile, it's much heavier than the standard sporter version. I assume your barrel is the same.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
That’s pretty good speeds. I’m at 2960 with 168 gr Berger in 7 mag. That’s a very small difference. I wish I had considered the 280 AI when purchasing a rifle.
I was really leaning this way for as much as I think I'm going to use it. As much as I want to, it's hard for me to justify the cost of the Lab Radar. Thanks for the feedback.

Unckebob

WKR
I want to do that for no other reason than I'm interested in how it will perform and I'd like to crank out some load data. While my barrel isn't a true bull style profile, it's much heavier than the standard sporter version. I assume your barrel is the same.
Both our rifles have medium contour barrels with different fluting. Any other differences are mostly cosmetic. In terms of accuracy and features, I think they are screaming good deals. I am glad you like yours. I love mine.

Last edited: