exo mountain pack

Have any of you guys tried using the beaver tail as a bow carrier? The compression straps worked fine for me but I'm curious how the panel would work.

DWinVA

WKR
Tried mine for fit in the house but haven't used it in the field yet and it would work. Not sure it's worth it versus just using the straps.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Did everyone that ordered a pack get a bottle opener? Curious since I haven't seen anything come in the mail yet.

We had quite a few cards come back with wrong addresses or listed as undeliverable. Shoot me a PM with your address and I'll get one out to you asap.

Steve

Paul M

Lil-Rokslider
Steve
Are you guys going to be at the sportsmans show in Harrisburg PA in February
I think it's the biggest hunting expo on the east coast

Speaking of outdoor shows, are you planning to be at any shows in the northwest, say Spokane, Seattle, Portland, or Yakima?

Right now we'll have a booth at the Hunt Expo in Salt Lake and the Idaho Sportsmans show in Boise. I will personally be at SHOT and OR shows as well. Trying to make it over to the Portland show just not sure on the timing yet.

Steve

What's the "small changes" being made for 2015? It mentioned it on the website...I'm waiting to order a MultiCam 3500, but just curious, thanks.

2blade

WKR
What's the "small changes" being made for 2015? It mentioned it on the website...I'm waiting to order a MultiCam 3500, but just curious, thanks.

yea, I'm curious myself. and I was wondering what the top and bottom frame widths are?

We'll be doing a video of the 2015 pack here in about 2 weeks. The main difference is how the frame integrates with the frame panel and shoulder harness. The new way we are doing it we really like and it has so far eliminated the small squeaking issue we had. We also changed to a floating lid on the 3500 so its the same lid on the 3500 and 5500.

What's cool is everything is still modular so anyone who purchased a pack last year can get the new harness / frame panel and it will are work together perfectly if they want.

We have also cut about 5oz out of the bag and frame panel on both packs.

Thanks,
Steve

Paul M

Lil-Rokslider
Steve
At some point could you do a video on how to properly adjust the pack to get the perfect fit
not sure i have it 100%
Paul

Finch

WKR
Steve
At some point could you do a video on how to properly adjust the pack to get the perfect fit
not sure i have it 100%
Paul
Great idea! I've actually looked on the website hoping to find such a video. I'm doing a hike right now as I type this and I have to continuously adjust my pack. Just feel like it's digging into my shoulders and sometimes I swear I can feel the frame. Currently have a total of about 53 lbs on my back. Is everyone else pretty comfortable with this weight or is discomfort something everyone just deals with?

Great idea! I've actually looked on the website hoping to find such a video. I'm doing a hike right now as I type this and I have to continuously adjust my pack. Just feel like it's digging into my shoulders and sometimes I swear I can feel the frame. Currently have a total of about 53 lbs on my back. Is everyone else pretty comfortable with this weight or is discomfort something everyone just deals with?

You definitely shouldn't have much if any pressure on your shoulders with only 53lbs. If its digging in try raising the torso adjustment an inch and see how that feels. You might just have it too low.

We are working on a fitting video, something I hope to have up here in the next 3-4 weeks.

Steve

DWinVA

WKR
I carried 40 lbs. this weekend over a 30 target 3-D shoot and it was comfortable. Here is what Steve told me in an email on proper fit:

"They are extremely easy to fit, you just need to adjust the torso. Put some weight in the pack, center the hip belt on the to of your hips and cinch it up. Just barely snug up the shoulder harness and leave the load lifter straps loose. Look sideways in a mirror and see if there is any gap in the shoulder harness padding at the back of your shoulders / shoulder blades. If there is adjust the torso down, if there isn't you can slide it up a little to play with comfort. I have about a 1" range in my pack that feels
great either way.
"

I don't see an integrated rifle holder in the pack pics and description. Are some of the pics I see people using gun bearers? Just using the compression straps? Did I miss something in the description?

DWinVA

WKR
I think guys are using gun bearers from other companys on the EXO packs...I know mine is. Kifaru makes some.

God Bless.

Logan T

WKR
I don't see an integrated rifle holder in the pack pics and description. Are some of the pics I see people using gun bearers? Just using the compression straps? Did I miss something in the description?

I put my rifle (tikka 300wsm) in one of the long side pockets and cinch it down with the compression straps. It sticks up a ways above my head but doesn't take long to get used to, and works pretty slick.

We don't have anything out yet, hopefully by early summer we'll have a bow carrier and rifle carrier up on the site.