exo mountain pack

ssliger

WKR
Wanted to say a big thanks to Steve and Lenny. Just got the Christmas card today. Pretty sweet bottle opener as well. So far my EXO 3500 has carried 4 Caribou, 2 elk, and 1 mule deer. Not a single complaint. Excited about adding a Multicam 5500 bag, and a Blaze orange beaver tail. Thanks again

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
I got a call from Steve yesterday looks like my pack will be here in a few weeks... Can't wait to get my hands on it...

jwatts

WKR
I put my name on the list for a Multicam 3500 yesterday. I am ready to get this pack and give it a try. Hopefully it will pack out a few animals later in the year.

Do you have the coyote beaver tails & meat shelves in? I ordered one of each on 12/15

Glad everyone is getting their cards and bottle opener. We just wanted to say thanks to everyone who purchased a pack from us this year and helped get the Exo ball rolling. We are really looking forward to 2015 and hopefully have all of our production issues worked out so we can delivery packs in a timely manner. 2014 was a very fast and very steep learning curve for us.

We did run out of the Coyote Beavertails but more will be here any day and I'll express ship it out to you.

Thanks,
Steve

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the card and bottle opener Steve , thanks lenny also , hope 2015 is good to you folks

DWinVA

WKR
An Easterners take on the EXO 3500.....I am a whitetail hunter from SW VA who is going on my first CO archery elk hunt in 2015. I posted some pictures earlier in this thread. I'm a bow hunter first and foremost but use a MZ and rifle to take deer here in VA. For years I've been packing my clothes and a climbing tree stand in to keep from sweating and to stay warm once on stand. The average walk to my stand is 45 minutes in quite mountainous terrain (relative to VA not CO). Our early bow season is warm so I routinely use the gutless method and pack them out. I've been using a Sitka Flash 20 the past several years and after a kill I hike out and bring my old Dwight Schugh pack to haul the meat out. In preparation for the elk hunt I carried the Schugh pack with 50 lbs. on it during walks over last summer. I plan on doing a lot of this with some good hike thrown in before this coming August.

Since booking the elk hunt I've been thinking about upgrading to a better pack and have read about every thread on here and other sites concerning hunting packs. I've considered Kifaru, Stone Glacier and others but something really intrigued me when I first saw an EXO 3500 pack and I liked their price much better. After a lot of email exchanges with Steve I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a foliage 3500, meat shelf, and beaver tail. Steve was great in responding to all of my questions and even sent quite a few pictures to help a novice make an educated decision. I already had 2 EXO hip belt pouches that I used on the Flash 20. When I opened the box and removed the pack I knew I finally had a real hunting pack. The stitching is top notch, the webbing and buckles are heavy duty (I broke 2 buckles on the Flash 20). I added a little weight and adjusted the pack per Steve's instructions. Since the next morning was our late muzzle loading season opener I filled the pack up with gear and late season clothes. The hike in that morning was much more enjoyable. The pack carried very well and there were no squeaks, creeks or other issues. Since I don't have a spotting scope or tripod I use the bottom of one side pocket for a small camera mount that attaches to my IPhone. Above that I carried a possibles pouch with extra MZ loads and cleaning supplies and lastly I had a stuff sack up top with a few cliff bars and snacks, in the other long pocket I carry a bipod. In the main bag I had my kill kit in the bottom, Sitka Fanatic bibs, jacket and a Sitka Traverse hoody with plenty of room to spare. In the top lid I carry often used items like gloves, beanie, radio, light, etc. I also carry water and a small thermos with hot tea in the lower stretchy pockets. By the way the big stretchy pocket is awesome...it came swallow up rain gear, puffys etc. without a problem. During a few unseasonably warm evening hunts I was able to take less gear and the pack compresses down very nicely.

I was fortunate enough to get a second to last day slick head for the freezer. The .50 cal ruined both shoulders so I packed out both hind quarters, back straps, and the tenderloins with no issues. I loaded the meat between the bag and frame and it worked much better than the old way I've been packing them out. I estimate I had between 50-60 lbs. coming out and the pack handled it great. In summary I'm looking forward to learning the ins and outs of this pack and using it to its full extent. I plan on doing some winter coyote hunting, hiking and using it to haul out several hang-on stands I need to pull.

Thanks to everyone on Rokslide for all of the advice and information that is freely given.

God Bless.

Finch

WKR
DW - Glad to hear you have good things to say about the Exo 3500. I just received mine the other day and took it out yesterday. Loaded it down with a 40lb bag of H2O softner salt, my camelbak, and a few other odds and ends. Came out to be 53 pounds. It seemed to handle the load well and was comfortable for the most part. The shoulder straps were digging into me a bit but I might have to make some more adjustments. So far though, I really like it.

Is that the Cascades in your avatar? That wasn't from the latest "Artic Blast" was it?

Last edited:

DWinVA

WKR
That pic of the Cascades was from 2010. Glad you're liking the EXO. Getting ready to use mine with the beavertail to pull and haul out some stands.

God Bless.

DWinVA

WKR
Packing Stands..

Here are pics of the frame and beavertail packing 2 metal stands and 2 sets of Summit buck steps. Worked great.
IMG_1840.jpg
IMG_1850.jpg
IMG_1860.jpg

n2horns

WKR
Steve - any word on rain pack covers? Also no pressure, but how about a fanny pack style with shoulder harness ie., like a wildland fire fighter pack.

Also, why don't you and Lenny become the first company to put out bino harness that incorporates all the good stuff. Read the post here, tons of ideas and opportunity. If you take the FHF and Bino Bro pro and Kuiu and blend them all you'll have a winner. But this means range finder pouch too.

I can type this because i have nothing else to do but enjoy a cold one with your opener, thanks again!

Steve - any word on rain pack covers? Also no pressure, but how about a fanny pack style with shoulder harness ie., like a wildland fire fighter pack.

Also, why don't you and Lenny become the first company to put out bino harness that incorporates all the good stuff. Read the post here, tons of ideas and opportunity. If you take the FHF and Bino Bro pro and Kuiu and blend them all you'll have a winner. But this means range finder pouch too.

I can type this because i have nothing else to do but enjoy a cold one with your opener, thanks again!

We are working on quite a few small accessories right now, hoping to have them ready and shipping later in the spring. I'll be sure to post up pics as we go along of prototypes so we can get some feedback from you guys.

No bino harness in the works as of right now though but maybe down the road.

Steve

tlowell02

Lil-Rokslider

Did everyone that ordered a pack get a bottle opener? Curious since I haven't seen anything come in the mail yet.