exo mountain pack

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
My Tracking has landed. Scheduled Delivery Date: Friday, 08/22/2014

Steve, Lenny, Thanks again fellas. Cant wait to get it. my Elk hunt Starts on the 29th.

Outwest

WKR
Just got my 5500 in foliage today. I have tried and tried to find something I don't like about it, I have failed so far. Solid pack. It is everything I was expecting. Just in time to go chase speedgoats tomorrow.

My 3500 in Foliage showed up yesterday and I quickly got myself oriented to the configuration and got the harness adjusted to myself. I loaded it up with about 40lbs and did a couple miles up and down the mountain this morning.

The pack felt great, the waist belt is very comfortable and you can pull that sucker down extremely tight with the power pull system. I loved the feeling of the lumber pad and the pack did not move an inch once I had it set. The overall construction seems good and the layout is awesome. I carried all of my day hunting gear and only had a jacket and some rocks (for weight) in the mail bag, everything else fit in the side pockets or between the bag and frame (water bladder). I could easily do a week out of the 3500.

Time will tell about the toughness and longevity of the material and zippers but my first impression are extremely positive. I can't wait to get some more miles/weight under this pack and see what she can really do.

Poser

WKR
3b4fe2791107447315bc40c013c1229a.jpg

-dropped 70 pounds in the meat shelf pretty much right out of the box and it felt pretty good. I still need to tweak some adjustments, but, the titanium frame transfers the load directly to the hips very well with zero vertical flex. Side to side, the pack moves very well, there is plenty of clearance around the elbow for drawing, and the frame does not get in the way of your head when bent over or crawling.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
My Tracking has landed. Scheduled Delivery Date: Friday, 08/22/2014

Steve, Lenny, Thanks again fellas. Cant wait to get it. my Elk hunt Starts on the 29th.

Freaking UPS pulled a fast one said in the email Monday when I go to the tracking # it says monday. So I should have mine to get it dialed in next week. Cant wait.

super stoaked on mine..... been putting it to it in the mtns. makes things a lot more easy to deal with with a pack that suites me and my style of packing and how i like it to be set up. close to putting blood in it but have failed thus far. all in due time.

I should have pulled the trigger during the pre sale. Was leaning towards the SG Sky but thinking I made a mistake.

I was curious about stone glacier myself. However once I saw the video on here of how the frame barrels it was an instant no go. My Exo 3500 has exceeded my expectations. Best pack I have ever owned.

stephen b

WKR
I was curious about stone glacier myself. However once I saw the video on here of how the frame barrels it was an instant no go. My Exo 3500 has exceeded my expectations. Best pack I have ever owned.

Would not say that the SG "barrels". Hard to compare packs on Internet sites. Have you seen some of the loads and testimonials from actual SG users- do not see any reports of it "barreling". In fact if you asked Bitterroot Bulls ( one that did the video)- I do not believe that he would say the SG suffers from a barreling problem. I personally think the SG is a super pack.

But, also from what I have seen so far- think that the Exo Mt Gear foliage pack that the fella in the brown truck delivered to our house yesterday is a very nice pack.

Would not say that the SG "barrels". Hard to compare packs on Internet sites. Have you seen some of the loads and testimonials from actual SG users- do not see any reports of it "barreling". In fact if you asked Bitterroot Bulls ( one that did the video)- I do not believe that he would say the SG suffers from a barreling problem. I personally think the SG is a super pack.

But, also from what I have seen so far- think that the Exo Mt Gear foliage pack that the fella in the brown truck delivered to our house yesterday is a very nice pack.

I'm sure it is a real nice pack. Can't say I have seen bad reviews. Yes, I can only go by the video but it was easy to see how if could potentially fold and did so. In the end a feature I didn't want to maybe happen. I have been a huge Kifaru fan for I about 15 years and over a dozen packs. Never did I think I would own any other after tons of disappointment. When I first saw the Exo something clicked. I kept going back online and looking and reading everything Steve and Lenny had to share. Something told me I needed to try it. The Exo was different from all the ones that had disappointed me in the past. Bottom line is my hunch was dead on and then some.

Poser

WKR
I did about 4 miles yesterday with 50 pounds and did 50 minutes today on the stair climber with 90 pounds. The frame is absolutely rock solid. You're just not going to get an vertical flex out of it. The various cinch straps keep the weight in place very well and the airflow across the mid back is the best of any pack I have ever worn. Its a really simple design that does everything that you want it do.

Got mine Friday 30 minutes before my friend arrived to go on a scouting trip. Unloaded my Kelty and loaded up the EXO. 44 pounds went 5.5 miles Friday night in pouring rain then camped. Rained all night and through the remaining 12 miles Saturday. I only have two complaints and they are minor. First the pack seems to slide a little side to side right behind my shoulder blades especially if I step over a log and put my hand down to steady myself. If I really crank down on the shoulder straps and then tighten the load lifters tighter than I want unless I have more weight then I can pretty much eliminate it. Second I wish they would have put the xpac material in the lid and shroud if possible. Granted it poured cats and dogs the entire time right from when we left the vehicle to when we reached our pickup location. Everything in my pack not in a dry sack was soaked. I even had some water puddled up in the bottom on top of the xpac material. I will be buying the rain cover whenever Steve has it available. There is a possibility I can make some adjustment changes and get the shifting to stop. I wasn't even able to adjust the pack at all until I got out of the vehicle at the trailhead so I know I will have some more adjustments with more use.

I'm gonna think in a down pour your only hope is a rain cover regardless?? I will definitely grab one when they are available also. Once you get the pack correct dialed in it should not shift. I know I messed with mine a dozen times until it carried perfect. Best of luck.

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to use my Kuiu rain cover , large size , should fit the EXO 3500 , I'll double check when my EXO gets here in a few days , with the draw cord it should fit it good .