Exo Mountain K4?

Ice-kub

Lil-Rokslider
@S&S ARCHERY is it possible to post of photo of the pack with a person wearing it to see how tall it looks for the people wondering? I'm good with that one, I'd buy it right now haha

SLM

FNG
A spotting scope taking up internal space is my biggest complaint of the 1800. Why not like the other packs? I really like the lid.

ETA; missed where you addressed the external side pocket. Still would much prefer at least the left side having external pleats.

Last edited:
A spotting scope taking up internal space is my biggest complaint of the 1800. Why not like the other packs? I really like the lid.

ETA; missed where you addressed the external side pocket. Still would much prefer at least the left side having external pleats.
This would give a guy options. I would like at least one externally too.

To all the guys asking for the side pockets to pleat externally. What your asking for is a bigger pack. Which they already have.
I get that. Maybe one internal spotting scope and the other side be a flat pocket like the 1800 k3 to put smaller things. That would be helpful when 15s are in the top pocket.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed! I would buy this bag as is. It would be perfect to compliment the 5000 I am going to order. The 5000 for my western hunting and the smaller bag for whitetail and scouting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Same here, except I already have the 5000... And was trying to slow down spending lol. But once I can get a bag in this size it's going to make my MR popup get shoved even further back into the closet lol

The pack definitely still has a very low profile, I just have it filled up with an air bladder so it makes it look taller in the photos. Also Dioni is 100% right, the mannequins are small which exaggerates it looking taller than it is.

I could put a stretch pocket on there but it wouldn't be very functional as that front panel is pretty small. It's about 1.5" narrower than a 5000 panel.
If you went into production with that bag, I would order it the day it was available to order. Looks good to me, looks about perfect all around.

I love stretch pockets but I agree it doesn’t make a lot of sense on that bag. I think it looks great. Looks like a killer day bag to me

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Fair enough with the big binos, just let us know when it comes out. I’m gonna need it. I’m know I’m the outlier but I want that smaller bag for eastern whitetail. I know this stuff is geared to western but the frame and small bag work sooooo well hunting whitetails. I mean help us whitetail guys out. 😜

I can strap my climber to the frame with the load straps and then the back with the bag straps. It allows me to go in farther and bike in without the stand hitting me in the head.

It also lets me go in with a blind. See my old (now sold) K3 South Carolina Mountain hunting. I happened to get one.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    740.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_1076.jpeg
    IMG_1076.jpeg
    755.3 KB · Views: 110

kravguy

WKR
I really like this pocket, even if you aren't packing binos it functions like a built in lid for quick access to items. Benefits of having a lid without the negative consequence of having a higher profile.

A very common request we get is for the guys who hunt out west and pack 15's in their pack is to have a place to put them. When designing this pocket I just made sure it was big enough to fit them in there.

I guess that is where myself and group I hunt with differ. If we are hunting an area where 15s can be used, they are already on the chest. If I'm reaching in my pack for glass, it's for a spotter.

I still love that pocket tho and will pack it full of items I want to get at quick. Please keep it as is or sell me that prototype.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

SLM

FNG
To all the guys asking for the side pockets to pleat externally. What your asking for is a bigger pack. Which they already have.

I have the bigger pack, the current design with exterior expandable pocket/s would be about the perfect day glassing pack IMO.

I know you can suck down a bigger pack, but I also don’t drive the dually as a daily driver.

sr80

WKR
I've never used a pack that size before, but that looks slick. I don't think i would change a thing on it. Id keep that the top bino pocket, i don't use 15's so i wouldn't use that pocket for binos, but it would be handy for other quick to access items like mentioned.

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
Is there any water resistant material on any of the pouches? Just trying to imagine where I'd stuff wet/muddy layers without getting the contents of the main bag wet.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
The pack definitely still has a very low profile, I just have it filled up with an air bladder so it makes it look taller in the photos. Also Dioni is 100% right, the mannequins are small which exaggerates it looking taller than it is.

I could put a stretch pocket on there but it wouldn't be very functional as that front panel is pretty small. It's about 1.5" narrower than a 5000 panel.

Looks sharp.

Is the geometry of the bino pocket such that as the bag is less full and the upper compression straps take in slack, the zipper orients more towards vertical?

Or does it kind of stay put because the padding adds structure?

I do like an accessory pocket there, but it does seem above the stays more than I'd prefer on a pack of this size. I think rotated back and flattened out on top would be finer for accessories, but understand why it's designed the way it is for heavy binos.

I like the side pockets.

Is this pack wider than 10.5"? In a smaller capacity pack I think you might get away with slightly more width such that loading the side pockets doesn't impinge much on the central bag.

Anyway, just a few thoughts/impressions. It certainly looks like a great pack already.

Please make it all Fusion like the K3 1800 was. I like a stretch pocket but a coyote panel is a camo killer.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Is there any water resistant material on any of the pouches? Just trying to imagine where I'd stuff wet/muddy layers without getting the contents of the main bag wet.

I'd like that for one of the side pockets for sure. I'd be using one for wet or sweaty layers. Water resistant lined would spare me from bagging it.

Millwood21

Lil-Rokslider

If it has the water bladder pocket like all other packs that would be a good place for wet layers I’d imagine. If not using it for a bladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
If it has the water bladder pocket like all other packs that would be a good place for wet layers I’d imagine. If not using it for a bladder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone asked about that and someone else said they could see the zipper for the bladder. I don't see it, but Steve says he started with the 1800 (which had the bladder/wetstorage) and built off that. I don't see that he confirmed it has the bladder/wet storage, but seems likely.

I'd still enjoy more room for wet storage in a side pocket, personal preference.

Good call, hadn't thought of that.
That will be the main use for my bladder pocket on any of them since I much prefer the Nalgene holder, it fits quite a bit on my 3600… more than the stretch pocket, especially stuff like rain gear or a damp shelter… not sure how big the bladder pocket will be on the small bag, but bigger than a stretch pocket or waterproof side pocket