Exo Mountain K4?

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like it would work great for hauling tree stands in/out for whitetails. All day hang and hunts would be a breeze with this thing. And seeing how the 7200 compressed down I bet thins thing is thinner than 3 sheets of paper when you compress it down.

PRC

FNG
Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't seen EXOs mannequin. It is very small. The pack does not stick that far up on a normal size human. I would say the mannequin is comparable to a person who's barely over 5 ft.
Shouldn’t matter unless you have a neck like a giraffe! Lol 😂

The pack definitely still has a very low profile, I just have it filled up with an air bladder so it makes it look taller in the photos. Also Dioni is 100% right, the mannequins are small which exaggerates it looking taller than it is.

I could put a stretch pocket on there but it wouldn't be very functional as that front panel is pretty small. It's about 1.5" narrower than a 5000 panel.

What about two externally pleated pockets instead? Like the other packs and doesn't take up space inside the pack, especially with this being a smaller pack.

I built an earlier version with externally pleated pockets but didn't like it. The main theme of this bag is to be streamlined and low profile. The bag just lost that with the larger externally pleated pockets.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t explain it much in my previous post but I agree with the comments about carrying the binoculars on your chest.

A stretch, pleated pocket on the front would be super helpful. I can see it as a fantastic place to cram a puffy or rain jacket or put stuff that can get wet. A kill kit or a tarp could go in there.

I know it won’t be wide at the bottom but the pleats could help. Endless opportunities.

Get rid of the bino pocket and keep it low profile. I’d say 90% +/- of hunters carry there binos on their chest and not in the pack. Only Time I may put binos in a pack is when packing an animal out. Just my 2 cents. Other than that looks awesome.

I really like this pocket, even if you aren't packing binos it functions like a built in lid for quick access to items. Benefits of having a lid without the negative consequence of having a higher profile.

A very common request we get is for the guys who hunt out west and pack 15's in their pack is to have a place to put them. When designing this pocket I just made sure it was big enough to fit them in there.

TheViking

WKR
The pack definitely still has a very low profile, I just have it filled up with an air bladder so it makes it look taller in the photos. Also Dioni is 100% right, the mannequins are small which exaggerates it looking taller than it is.

I could put a stretch pocket on there but it wouldn't be very functional as that front panel is pretty small. It's about 1.5" narrower than a 5000 panel.
It's perfect as is! I personally won't use the bino pocket for bino's, but I can use it as a pseudo lid.

I didn’t explain it much in my previous post but I agree with the comments about carrying the binoculars on your chest.

A stretch, pleated pocket on the front would be super helpful. I can see it as a fantastic place to cram a puffy or rain jacket or put stuff that can get wet. A kill kit or a tarp could go in there.

I know it won’t be wide at the bottom but the pleats could help. Endless opportunities

Definitely 99%+ of people are packing 8 or 10's on their chest in a bino pouch, I just made sure this pocket was big enough to fit 15's for the people who pack them on certain hunts. I'll be out bear hunting next week and will pack my 15's for long distance glassing while having my 8x42's on my chest.

It's perfect as is! I personally won't use the bino pocket for bino's, but I can use it as a pseudo lid.

Agreed! I would buy this bag as is. It would be perfect to compliment the 5000 I am going to order. The 5000 for my western hunting and the smaller bag for whitetail and scouting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PRC

FNG
I really like this pocket, even if you aren't packing binos it functions like a built in lid for quick access to items. Benefits of having a lid without the negative consequence of having a higher profile.

A very common request we get is for the guys who hunt out west and pack 15's in their pack is to have a place to put them. When designing this pocket I just made sure it was big enough to fit them in there.
I like the idea totally but just looks to high in the photo and not streamlined for crawling around bow hunting all day. Could do away with the padding to lose weight instead of the side pocket? Most times you’d have a light jacket or puffy stuffed under the horseshoe that would act as padding for your big binos anyways! I love these packs and great work guys!

TheViking

WKR
Agreed! I would buy this bag as is. It would be perfect to compliment the 5000 I am going to order. The 5000 for my western hunting and the smaller bag for whitetail and scouting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the 5000, and would use this for day hunts/scouting trips.
I will buy another set of stays too. I have 26.5" stays cut down to 26" for the heavy loads, I'll run 25" stays for light loads.

I love the idea of it as well... my snacks or TP or other quick to get items that I usually put in a lid will be great in that pocket.

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
Overall design looks great. I would keep the two side pockets.

I like the concept of the top pocket but personally would like a lower profile pocket up there, maybe stretch material.

I dont use binos so take my input with a grain of salt, but if I DID carry binos I'd probably want them somewhere I don't have to take my pack off to get to them (like on my chest). If I'm taking my backpack off to get to them, and my pack has a horseshoe zip anyway, I'd probably just put them in the main bag. External pockets I like to use for wet layers, gloves, hats and such that I dont want in the main bag getting things wet or muddy.