Exo Mountain K4?

It's truly amazing what they are doing with such a small team.
Yes it is. And I was being a pain in the ass because we are leaving for a trip on the 4th and I was trying to coordinate shipping with them while they are in the midst of releasing a new pack and dealing with orders. They were more than accommodating. Jake said he’d call me to confirm shipment and he followed through first thing this morning.

twall13

WKR
I got my shipping notification this morning as well. Should have it with plenty of time to test it out before my bear hunt next month. Thanks Exo!

BrentH

WKR
I got my shipping notice today too, but we fly out for spring break vacation tomorrow night, so I’ll have to wait til we get back to play with it. First world problems.

DWD

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been following along since this thread started, but don’t recall any comments regarding the stay shape changing or remaining the same. In the Exo video on changing stays, it looks like the lumbar region is flatter/has slightly less curve to it but that could be me.

Are the new stays the same shape as the K3 frame?

I’ve been following along since this thread started, but don’t recall any comments regarding the stay shape changing or remaining the same. In the Exo video on changing stays, it looks like the lumbar region is flatter/has slightly less curve to it but that could be me.

Are the new stays the same shape as the K3 frame?

The shape is definitely different but overall if follows a very similar path. It's a little bit of an apples to oranges comparison though. The two frames interact very different in the frame panel and with the body. We put a lot of effort into the K4 shape to really dial in how we wanted the lumbar pad to feel on the lower back.

Adding my beaut to the thread. No accessories mounted yet, but will be playing with that this weekend.

1ec267389c72d2ce5722e3a7a3fb62bf.jpg

84956f86278cfe748b79dfe137347503.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ncavi8tor

WKR
Is anybody replacing all the buckles with autolocks?? Is it necessary?

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I would also like to thank exo for not overcharging for accessories/components like some other companies do after they have you on the hook for the big purchase of the pack. I was thinking about bolting my bow spider puck to the lid. There is no way I would do that to my original pack, as it is still in the phase where I am babying it. With a new lid only being $35 I might get a second with the puck attached for archery season only.
I will probably have to post a second thread later, but has anyone ever permanently mounted the bow spider receiver?

I’ve permanently mounted one to my marsupial harness, I had to buy some specialty bolts that were longer but it works great. For my kifaru I use the longer straps that bow spider sells and it works great ram through the load lifters. I’m excited to see how it works with my K4 7200 (got my shipping notification today, hell of a job exo).

I’ll post a photo or two if you’d like showing how it lays out in day mode as well as fully loaded.

Well, I wasn’t planning on buying one…at least not yet…but I caved already and ordered a 5000.
If it makes you feel better, you lasted a lot longer than me resisting the temptation… I was full send as soon as I heard it was being released and rumors of the changes they had made… combine that with my history of owning exo packs and I couldn’t get one soon enough… only thing about that is I had very high expectations, but they certainly delivered on the k4… I was even more pleasantly surprised when they posted prices, I was getting one regardless, and they kept them cheaper than I expected, and the accessories are what I would consider “cheap” relative to other companies in terms of cost.

Can’t think of another company I’d rather support with my business.

rclouse79

WKR
I’ve permanently mounted one to my marsupial harness, I had to buy some specialty bolts that were longer but it works great. For my kifaru I use the longer straps that bow spider sells and it works great ram through the load lifters. I’m excited to see how it works with my K4 7200 (got my shipping notification today, hell of a job exo).

I’ll post a photo or two if you’d like showing how it lays out in day mode as well as fully loaded.

Nice, thanks for the info. I saw I had saved some of the hardware that came with it and it has longer bolts and washers. It looks like the puck will fit perfectly on the new exo lid placed right over the logo.

I ordered auto locks after my initial pack order. Exo was fast to combine my orders and refund my shipping costs on the buckles. If I don't like the auto locks, they'll go on another pack or towards another project.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

prm

WKR
Thanks to Jake at EXO for catching that I failed to add a lid to my bag. Look forward to putting this pack to work.

choovhntr

WKR
I like the auto locks they used. I’m usually not a fan of them, but the ones that came with the pack are very easy to operate bare handed and gloved. They do squeak a little when operating, but that may go away. I did notice that the regular buckles slide very easily. More so then the style that were on my K2, but they are a much beefier buckle which I like. I can see them slipping a little if there isn’t a lot of tension on them though. That may go away though once the straps get used and dirty. I think the fact that they gave the option to mix and match and include a set right off the bat is a nice touch. I’m really impressed with the new setup and can’t wait to put it to use.