Exo Mountain K4?

ThorM465

Lil-Rokslider
Got got my pre-order in today. Planning to take it out around the block with 80lbs here in a bit, but below are some pics of my 7200 with the coyote/ranger combo (requested by a few members). I know some others ordered theirs like this. This is a small belt, 26.5” frame. Head clearance on the 26.5” is similar to my old k3 tall frame In the low position due to not having the top horizontal titanium tube, as the Exo guys have mentioned previously. Just reinforcing that what they are saying is true.

First impressions are that this thing is the bees knees! Mark, Steve, Jake and the rest of the exo team, you guys are top notch, deliver great customer service and build an awesome pack! Hope I can send you some pics of it bloody this fall. Thanks!

View attachment 536404View attachment 536405View attachment 536408
View attachment 536406
View attachment 536407
View attachment 536410
View attachment 536409

Looks great! Thanks for posting. I'm thinking a RG belt with that setup would really be the ticket. I'm probably going to wait a bit to get one, but if they were to do a special run of Marpat green... Well cash, check, or card sir?

Does anyone have a coyote colored pack next to the ranger green for comparison? Also would it be possible to fit the water bottle holder and a pouch on the same side?

Cspraggins

Lil-Rokslider
all these custom ordered packs with mix match colours and nobody has made a comment about the new belt and lumbar....how does it feel??
Feels great! Ran it with 80lbs last night and it was stuck to my hips. Didn’t slip a bit. And the belt distributed the weight nicely.

How does the k4 frame fit for people with a little more junk in the trunk? I can easily fit my fist behind my back when standing with my feet and back against the wall.

all these custom ordered packs with mix match colours and nobody has made a comment about the new belt and lumbar....how does it feel??
Most comfortable I have used, it’s been talked about a lot through the thread. The lumbar pad isn’t as stiff as I thought it was, but sticks incredibly well, and the belt is awesome… no pressure points at all, even brand new, and really forms to you.

Jac

Lil-Rokslider
I’m looking forward to getting my order. I had no idea I wanted a new pack a week ago and have 5000 on the way

I have have run seek, Sg, kuiu and MR. I’m looking forward to see how the Exo feels !!!

ianpadron

WKR
I wrote EXO off early when they didn't have tall guy stays and the hip belt slipped under load, I've been rockin' a Stone Glacier for years.

Well after reading Justin's review and seeing Dioni's praise, I've got a 5000 in the mail. The 3 year R&D process to refine the past shortcomings is pretty dang impressive from an end-user perspective and I like the organization a lot more than my SG. Looking forward to getting the pack and putting it to the test here in MT! This might be the record Rokslide thread for $$$ blown

Felt great with 80# although it was just a walk around my neighborhood. I didn’t own a K3, so don’t have that comparison for you.

rclouse79

WKR
I would also like to thank exo for not overcharging for accessories/components like some other companies do after they have you on the hook for the big purchase of the pack. I was thinking about bolting my bow spider puck to the lid. There is no way I would do that to my original pack, as it is still in the phase where I am babying it. With a new lid only being $35 I might get a second with the puck attached for archery season only.
I will probably have to post a second thread later, but has anyone ever permanently mounted the bow spider receiver?