Exo Mountain K4?

sr80

WKR
@roosiebull @sr80 Here is a closer look at the lumbar pad fabric...

k4-material-superfabric.jpg

It is from SuperFabric. There is a 600D poly base that is abrasion and water-resistant, then has the raised texture for a breathable grip.
thank you sir! Definitely looks comfortable and different from anything ive used before.

@roosiebull @sr80 Here is a closer look at the lumbar pad fabric...

k4-material-superfabric.jpg

It is from SuperFabric. There is a 600D poly base that is abrasion and water-resistant, then has the raised texture for a breathable grip.
I was curious if it would breathe a little better with those gripper dots, obviously the waist belt will always be trapping some heat no matter what because it’s always fairly tight, and there is no way around it, but that’s cool

I bet it’s a little easier on clothes too, in September I’m almost always in a single layer of merino chasing roosies, and that’s where all of my merino shirts wear out is from being constantly trapped under the lumbar pad and get wore thin, and the holes usually start by the edges of the lumbar pad… again, doesn’t matter, but I do like the little details incorporated into the k4…. All of the thought put into this system is really cool.

Most packs I can pick out at Lea a few things that I think “too bad they didn’t do this” but I can’t seem to see anything on the k4, kinda the opposite. You guys outdid yourselves

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Awesome thanks for that quick response! Will they still come with velcro backing inside?
No velcro inside. We only used that on K3 for the Cartridge Insert and we are not making that specific option for K4. We do have some new cartridge carry options in mind for the MOLLE though.

tony

WKR
S&S boys are on Joseph Von Benedict’s podcast talking packs and set up. Well worth a listen.
Great information Mark and Steve!

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
No velcro inside. We only used that on K3 for the Cartridge Insert and we are not making that specific option for K4. We do have some new cartridge carry options in mind for the MOLLE though.
Don't worry about all the other accessories....

I need a rifle carrier designed to use the water bottle mounting location. And it needs to be bigger than the K3 rifle carrier so I can get the butt in and out easier.

PRC

FNG
Don't worry about all the other accessories....

I need a rifle carrier designed to use the water bottle mounting location. And it needs to be bigger than the K3 rifle carrier so I can get the butt in and out easie

Check out the slik sling

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Check out the slik sling
I published the review that Jared wrote for us on that one. Looks cool but not what I'm looking for.

The K4 has a single row of laser cut molle toward the back of the belt, supported by an internal plastic piece. It's the perfect place to support the weight of a rifle since it spreads the load out very effectively. The Kifaru Gunbearer would be perfect for that spot if it used single molle instead of double.

twall13

WKR
I published the review that Jared wrote for us on that one. Looks cool but not what I'm looking for.

The K4 has a single row of laser cut molle toward the back of the belt, supported by an internal plastic piece. It's the perfect place to support the weight of a rifle since it spreads the load out very effectively. The Kifaru Gunbearer would be perfect for that spot if it used single molle instead of double.
Agreed, I'd love to see a solution like this. My only real complaint with the Kifaru Gunbearer is that the weight directly on the hip belt gets uncomfortable over time. A design like that but with the weight being transferred across the entire hip belt like they have designed for the water bottle sounds perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Agreed, I'd love to see a solution like this. My only real complaint with the Kifaru Gunbearer is that the weight directly on the hip belt gets uncomfortable over time. A design like that but with the weight being transferred across the entire hip belt like they have designed for the water bottle sounds perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I posted this in a different thread. I was about to cut the double attachment off my gun bearer lower and sew on a single 1 inch webbing, but I found running both straps on the exo rifle sling through one buckle attached to where the shoulder strap meets the belt worked well. It is also easy to attach the kifaru upper to the molle on the shoulder strap with a piece of webbing and a couple triglides.
176143B1-8E54-41A3-A7ED-18479D7E8EF8.jpegE63CB922-B472-4198-8F20-53D881D5D632.jpegA769F7B8-9F61-42BB-A3B6-90D12B7BD597.jpeg

wadestew

FNG
Like my wife rubbing my leg under the dinner table you guys are getting me excited.

Tell Steve auto locks are superior and it would be great to at least be able to swap them on our selves.
You already could. I put auto locks on the K3 myself. All you need is sewn loop to slide them on. It’s easy.