Exo Mountain K4?

Beezswyk

FNG
I ran the K3 for 3 years, and packed a bunch of heavy loads, it did really well. I am excited to try the K4 and see if slippage is reduced. I ordered a medium belt and 26.5"

6'4" 225lbs

I have never owned an EXO, but the K4 web page frame description has this bullet point - "Integrated compression straps and load shelf". I don't see an integrated load shelf on the standalone frame, I thought this was part of the bag?

@S&S ARCHERY I noticed no velcro inside the hip pouch on the k4 and would like to see it stay.

Since we only had the cartridge insert as an accessory option that mounts to that for K3 I just did away with it for K4. We will have a cartridge wallet that can mount to the Molle directly that will replace the insert we had for K3.

That should be out this summer along with some other accessories.

I have never owned an EXO, but the K4 web page frame description has this bullet point - "Integrated compression straps and load shelf". I don't see an integrated load shelf on the standalone frame, I thought this was part of the bag?

You are correct in that we use the bag being attached at the bottom of the frame to form a shelf for hauling loads / meat. It's more of a bullet point that addresses the entire system and not just the frame itself.

We'll look at changing the language on that bullet point to make it more clear.

It is simply amazing to me that a company is willing to listen to everyone's questions, gripes, concerns, comments, etc, and answer them in a timely and positive manner.
If I was Steve, I would be drinking by 0800.........

Thank you Exo.

Randy

Thanks Randy. It's been fun for me to make more public things that are always going on behind the scenes. I've really enjoyed this thread and answering the questions.

I definitely plan to do more of this in the future.

Steve

JNDEER

WKR
I ran the K3 for 3 years, and packed a bunch of heavy loads, it did really well. I am excited to try the K4 and see if slippage is reduced. I ordered a medium belt and 26.5"

6'4" 225l
Watch older EXO videos on the load shelf. Because of how the bag attaches to the frame- the bag itself is the shelf. They also sold other traditional style load shelf- although not sure if they are compatible with the k4 or if the k4 will have their own.

rclouse79

WKR
Thanks Randy. It's been fun for me to make more public things that are always going on behind the scenes. I've really enjoyed this thread and answering the questions.

I definitely plan to do more of this in the future.

Steve
I plan on coming down to your shop around 2:00 this afternoon with a big sweaty wad of cash in my pocket. Is it possible to be fitted with the correct belt and frame and add weight to the frame to see how it feels? If so, do you guys have weight on hand to add? Thanks for all the info you have provided on this thread. I have been using the same pack for a decade and a half and am excited to get a new one.

I plan on coming down to your shop around 2:00 this afternoon with a big sweaty wad of cash in my pocket. Is it possible to be fitted with the correct belt and frame and add weight to the frame to see how it feels? If so, do you guys have weight on hand to add? Thanks for all the info you have provided on this thread. I have been using the same pack for a decade and a half and am excited to get a new one.
Yes I stopped on Monday and they had a k4 loaded with 52lbs and all different sizes to swap around and check fit.

Thanks Mark - appreciate the fast response. Any concerns with clearance of the arm / elbow with the taller bottle compared to a 32?

Mark at EXO

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks Mark - appreciate the fast response. Any concerns with clearance of the arm / elbow with the taller bottle compared to a 32?
There is some clearance to consider, but the taller bottle also puts the lid ring up higher, making it harder to reach for guys with less mobility. I've come to really like running the 32 and keeping extra water storage in collapsable bags, such as a Hydrapak Seeker. I filter, as needed, from the Seeker into the Nalgene.