Exo Mountain K4?

Do Trent’s and Cory (from angry spike) have the same size lid? Latest release of ek101 sure looks like Cory lid is a perfect size and fits nice and snug

Exact same lid, just an example of someone taking the extra few seconds to snug everything down.

Final lid design did end up different than what they were running though.

What's the argument for the zipper on the back stretchy panel vs. the open top? I love the open top on my k2 5500? How are you guys using it? I've always stuffed my rain jacket or insulation piece in it depending on weather.

So it looks like instead of one continuous titanium tube for a frame it's two independent stays? Sorry if I missed it, this thread has blown up.

Xerute

FNG
So it looks like instead of one continuous titanium tube for a frame it's two independent stays? Sorry if I missed it, this thread has blown up.
I know Steve or Mark said they would have the carbon inserts at the booths for events. Maybe they will post pictures it include them in a video before the K4 release for all of us not going to those events.

JNDEER

WKR
What's the argument for the zipper on the back stretchy panel vs. the open top? I love the open top on my k2 5500? How are you guys using it? I've always stuffed my rain jacket or insulation piece in it depending on weather.
Earlier reason when they did it on the Born bags for the k3 was that debris would gather in it when bush bashing

Randy1833

FNG
Anyone take a look at the pack and determine if the pack volume includes the expanded side pockets, and possibly volume in the rear stretch pocket? Looking at the 5000 (5,658 CI with lid) or 7200 (7,828 CI with lid) for a 9 day sheep trip. The K3 6400 (6,885 CI with lid) hit my sweet spot.

Xerute

FNG
Anyone take a look at the pack and determine if the pack volume includes the expanded side pockets, and possibly volume in the rear stretch pocket? Looking at the 5000 (5,658 CI with lid) or 7200 (7,828 CI with lid) for a 9 day sheep trip. The K3 6400 (6,885 CI with lid) hit my sweet spot.
My guess is that they measured the K3 and K4 the same way for total volume. If you could barely get 9 days in a 6400 you probably won't get it all in a 5000. Really comes down to how you pack and the gear you will be taking.

My guess is that they measured the K3 and K4 the same way for total volume. If you could barely get 9 days in a 6400 you probably won't get it all in a 5000. Really comes down to how you pack and the gear you will be taking.
I was always a bigger pack is better philosophy, but I went from 6400 to 4800 last year for a 7 night hunt. I liked the more compact pack. After watching Steve’s 10 day sheep hunt video get all his gear in a 3200 it made me consider getting the 3600. He made that look pretty easy. I think the big advantage is making your food into individual bricks that pack nice and tight with little space lost.

zwickeyman

Lil-Rokslider

Thats weird, my K2 5500 has a vertical zipper on the stretchy pocket. Unless you are talking about the long side pockets

Thats weird, my K2 5500 has a vertical zipper on the stretchy pocket. Unless you are talking about the long side pockets
93570BB9-7979-465B-B343-02FF517687EC.jpeg

Early run of the K2 before Exo switched to Ranger Green. I guess the easy answer if I didn't care for the zipper on the K4 is: leave it unzipped!

twall13

WKR
Early run of the K2 before Exo switched to Ranger Green. I guess the easy answer if I didn't care for the zipper on the K4 is: leave it unzipped!
I had one of those bags in foliage and really liked the easy access for stuffing a puffy or rain coat in there. The zipper on my current Exo has the advantage of not letting so much debris in but I'm kind of with you in preferring the open top. It's not a deal breaker either way for me after having used both, just a preference as they both have advantages and disadvantages.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I was always a bigger pack is better philosophy, but I went from 6400 to 4800 last year for a 7 night hunt. I liked the more compact pack. After watching Steve’s 10 day sheep hunt video get all his gear in a 3200 it made me consider getting the 3600. He made that look pretty easy. I think the big advantage is making your food into individual bricks that pack nice and tight with little space lost.
I agree, I was pretty set on the 5k, but was inspired by Steve’s video with the 3200, just a couple of packing techniques I hadn’t considered that make sense… it would be an outlier type hunt that I may need more space than the 3600, in which case I can figure it out.

I had one of those bags in foliage and really liked the easy access for stuffing a puffy or rain coat in there. The zipper on my current Exo has the advantage of not letting so much debris in but I'm kind of with you in preferring the open top. It's not a deal breaker either way for me after having used both, just a preference as they both have advantages and disadvantages.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I agree. The Exo bag I have that has a zipped back stretchy panel seems harder to stuff things in. But yes, of course it keeps spruce and pine needles out. Regardless, I plan to pick up a K4 3600 to complement my K2 2000/5500 combo. The K4 really looks great.

Xerute

FNG
Yeah, how he packs his food is kinda incredible. Not sure how he gets it into such a brick shape.