Exo Mountain K4?

Does that mean the k4 belt can be used on all generations of packs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

n2horns

WKR
Would love to see several molly rows added on top of the lid. That can attach shooting aids, using backpack in vertical position to shoot.

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
I was really skeptical of the zippered side pockets at first but they are much more usable than the top opening ones for other gear and work just as well or better for spotting scope and tripod. I run a 95mm swaro and it is easier to get in and out then my 80mm scope was in the old bag.

JNDEER

WKR
I was really skeptical of the zippered side pockets at first but they are much more usable than the top opening ones for other gear and work just as well or better for spotting scope and tripod. I run a 95mm swaro and it is easier to get in and out then my 80mm scope was in the old bag.

I agree- but with the side pockets when you still have to unbuckle the compression strap seems just as time consuming as reaching under the lid.

The new Kuiu bags have the zippers placed so you don’t have to remove a compression strap- that would be the ticket!

Norcal18

FNG
Man I’m looking into getting first pack, I’m pretty set on Exo K3, but now with a possible K4 coming soon idk what to do lol.

Man I’m looking into getting first pack, I’m pretty set on Exo K3, but now with a possible K4 coming soon idk what to do lol.

Most seasons are over or almost over.. wait another 9 months and see where the k4 is for release.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

huntnful

WKR
I gotta be honest, I was a little skeptical of the zippered side pockets as well when I got the pack. I used the K2 and K3 extensively, and was so used to my normal (tripod in one side, spotter in the other) system.

Now, I've come to like the zippers a lot. You can pack items way better into them, with full access instead of just top access, for the hike in. No more filling up with debris or pine needles throughout the day. And I adapted to a new system pretty easily for when I'm hunting. 88mm Kowa in the right zipper. The left zipper stays closed, and I put the tripod on the outside with the feet in the stretch bottom compartment and just cinch the top buckle. There really are no negatives IMO and there are several benefits.

Last edited:

Norcal18

FNG
[mention]Fins_N_Tines [/mention]
[mention]fisherman983 [/mention]
Ya I here ya, I’m just getting back into hunting again so I’m still collecting gear. Asking for Exo gift cards for Christmas, birthday, Father’s Day etc lol. Then hopefully take advantage of the Black Friday sale next year.

I did do all the frame buckles male / female opposing (unlike K3) so you can take the 2 compression straps that are built into the frame and wrap them around the bag if needed. The downside is it creates a little more confusion when you are new to the system but the upside is a lot of flexibility.
Steve it's Tony Gillahan here mate, I'm sure you'll remember me from Australia.
Is there any way we can get colour coordinated straps/buckles to avoid this confusion? It would be such a simple solution, frame straps/buckles one colour, side compression straps/buckles another colour, then front straps/buckles another colour. Even if they were just different shades for those fussy folk that might not want multiple colours everywhere on their pack. It could also be a good way to tastefully incorporate some blaze options, especially the front straps where you strap heads/antlers too. Just an idea anyway, keep up the great work.
Cheers!

krisn416

WKR
I did do all the frame buckles male / female opposing (unlike K3) so you can take the 2 compression straps that are built into the frame and wrap them around the bag if needed. The downside is it creates a little more confusion when you are new to the system but the upside is a lot of flexibility.
Hey Steve,
Are the compression straps on the frame the same length as they’ve been in the past? Can you provide the length?

Dioni A

Basque Assassin
Hey Steve,
Are the compression straps on the frame the same length as they’ve been in the past? Can you provide the length?
They seem like they're about the same. Long enough to carry a whole deer bone in or half a bull elk boned out. I did both of those loads on it this year.

K_pem

WKR
@S&S ARCHERY
Steve, why not meet the best of both worlds and have one side with a full length open top pocket (for tent/trekking poles/tripod/wet gear/ect) then the opposing side being zippered and big enough to fit a large ish spotter (like 95mm). I realize some people may be turned off by the lack of symmetry, but realistically I think that'd work out great. I love my full-length pockets, but I would be intrigued to have a zip pocket a little more protected/easier to access my ATX95 out of. You could always have a front stretch pocket zipper on the opposing side of the "spotter pocket" which would lend itself back to some symmetry.

Just an idea.

Side note, will the K4 packs have grey buckles and straps still or will they be coyote/ranger (respective to color)? I think Coyote/Grey is one of the best-looking combos out there.

svivian

WKR
Hey Steve,
Yes the straps are longer than previous generations. We will also make a strap extender kit that will go welll with with all the opposing male / female buckles so you can extend just about any strap on the pack for the rare occasions that is needed.

Yes the foam in the Lumbar pad is removable, it always has been in all of our generations. That foam takes more abuse than any other foam in the pack and definitely needs to be replaced after a few years of heavy use. Also just like K3 we will have different foam options so guys can adjust the lumbar pressure to their individual needs.

On the bottom of the frame that is something I focused on to make sure it was reinforced so long term wear isn't an issue. On the K4's the only two parts that touch the ground are a flap of the Squadron material (which is insanely tough) and webbing. Under that the real cause of that issue you are referring too is the plastic rubbing against the rock or whatever you are sitting on. We are binding all those edges (basically thin webbing) so they don't wear through the 500d Cordura.
From earlier in the thread