Exo Mountain K4?

Strapped my kid carrier to the frame last night. I took my daughter on a 7.5 mile hike this morning.

Very impressed with this pack/frame so far. I also really like how everything on the pack functions. Extremely well thought out to be simple fast , and easy to use. I think it took under a minute to remove everything from the frame so I could strap it to the kid carrier.

View attachment 540839View attachment 540840
Nice shot from silver falls!

waldo9190

WKR
So are there cold beverages at this "just ordered a new K4" party?

Looking forward to getting the 7200 in hand. I'm short (5'5") so having the ability to trim the stays if necessary is very advantageous to someone my size.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
So are there cold beverages at this "just ordered a new K4" party?

Looking forward to getting the 7200 in hand. I'm short (5'5") so having the ability to trim the stays if necessary is very advantageous to someone my size.
Well that depends, did you get the nalgene carrier? Lol

abbrown

Lil-Rokslider
really enjoying the pack so far. Weighted sand bags carries in the meat shelf, ski touring routes with lots of gear to max out the bag, and even a baby carry or two - load stays secure and comfy. Big improvement on my last system.

Attachments

• 39E86410-8782-4F99-AE7C-88000FC54FF0.jpeg
    39E86410-8782-4F99-AE7C-88000FC54FF0.jpeg
    427 KB · Views: 97
Justin mentioned that if he only had one pack he’d use the 7200. What are others thoughts on buying the smaller packs vs having the larger one, say for a trip to Alaska or whatever? The ole I’d rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.

Justin mentioned that if he only had one pack he’d use the 7200. What are others thoughts on buying the smaller packs vs having the larger one, say for a trip to Alaska or whatever? The ole I’d rather have it and not need it rather than need it and not have it.
I got the 7200 for exactly this reason. I've had a 6200 ci pack for 6 years, it was never quite big enough for my biggest trips.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
It depends. The small bags are cleaner if you don't need the space. The 7200 certainly works fine, but I preferred the 3200 bag on my K3. At some point, I will probably get the K4 3600.

If you know you will need the larger bag soon (I will when backpacking with the family), get it. If it is only for a what-if scenario, get the smaller bag and if you can afford a long Alaska tip you can probably afford to get the larger bag at that time.

thedutchtouch

Lil-Rokslider
The biggest test of my 5000 will be an Alaskan blacktail deer(and maybe brown bear) week long trip this September. I don't have the lightest/smallest gear, but we are getting dropped off by boat and hiking in to a forest service cabin as base camp, and then making day/multiday trips up to the alpine from there. I went with the 5k because of the "Basecamp" nature of this trip, and the fact that any other excursions before then will be 3 days max, we'll see how this plan works out, I have high hopes though. Have some somewhat harebrained ideas to make up for the "lack" of space, between using the k4 dry bag to extend our the top/adding some strap extenders to the lid to go d it together instead of rolling the pack closed, or strapping things to the outside/meat shelf. If we end up shooting multiple deer or a bear, we will have to likely shuttle meat/hide/skull/gear in more than one trip, but I figure that will be a great "problem" to have. Makes more sense to me to buy the 5000 and have a few backup ideas than buy the 7200 to cover one ruck out of multiple. Who knows, I may end up with multiple bags to go on the frame if this trip doesn't work out as planned.

HGH90

FNG
Anyone knows if the cu capacity listed for the main bag included the side pockets or not?

Reactions: DWD

Phil87

FNG
20230409_132927.jpgStruggling to get my shoulder straps even and noticed that they're not even side to side. Has anyone else come across this? I have a 25" frame. Are the straps different lengths between the 25/26.5" and the22/23.5" models?

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
View attachment 541097Struggling to get my shoulder straps even and noticed that they're not even side to side. Has anyone else come across this? I have a 25" frame. Are the straps different lengths between the 25/26.5" and the22/23.5" models?
Mine are equal length. Not sure about your other question.

Can anyone post some detailed pics of their Nalgene holder? I’m wondering if it can mount onto the hip belt strap of my k2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HGH90

FNG
Hi,

Im really struggling with choosing between the 5000 and the 7200.

Has anyone on here has tried using the 5000 bag for a 10 day backpack hunt?

I tend to be minimalist and last year I went on a 9 day backpack hunt here in Norway with my pack weighing in at 59 lbs. Was using a SO 6,300 cu bag for that trip and volume vice it was great.

Any thoughts?

wnelson14

WKR
Hi,

Im really struggling with choosing between the 5000 and the 7200.

Has anyone on here has tried using the 5000 bag for a 10 day backpack hunt?

I tend to be minimalist and last year I went on a 9 day backpack hunt here in Norway with my pack weighing in at 59 lbs. Was using a SO 6,300 cu bag for that trip and volume vice it was great.

Any thoughts?
Seems like a no brainer to get the 7200 imho. They both cinch down almost equally small.

I’m a huge fan of the horseshoe zip and chose the 5k because of it. And I just heard recently on the podcast that the smaller 2k pack is going to have it as well. Super happy about that!!

As for the 5k vs 7k conversation…I went with the 5k version and bought a Stone Glacier (don’t be hating on me…) load cell that I will be putting my food in and sandwiching it between the bag and frame on the really long trips. Most of the other times I should be good with just the 5k volume. Just an idea for those that are in a similar situation as mine. There are other options for the us as well because the SG option.

Is there anywhere in fitting directions that explains what you will feel if the adjustments are set to long or two short? You know if it feels like this you need to do this? Just for us non-pack guru types.