Exo K4 3600 or 5000

Go 5000. I ordered both 3600 and 5000 and i am pretty ultra-light. The issue for me is any trip over 4 days just requires way to much thought to load the pack. If its late and dark and I need to move camps or hike out I do not want to be screwing around with a perfect fit to fill every little square inch to make my pack work.
Good insight it's nice to be able to throw stuff in quick and just cinch it down...

FDme

FNG
Agree 5000. As small as they pack down I almost wish I’d got the 7k for the longer trips of 5+ days. My gear isn’t all the smallest lightest stuff.

Seak_angler

FNG
Classified Approved
Just like everyone already stated, you can compress that 5000 down very very small and won’t even notice the extra space 👍

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
I’m undecided between the k4 3600 and 5000. 90% of my hunting is day trips from a base camp or quick weekend backpack trips. So I know the 3600 would be plenty.

That being said I have a Montana mountain goat tag this year. That will require a longer backpack trip. And don’t want to be under gunned for this tag

I am fairly a minimalist, but far from ultralight. Most of my gear is bulky ish shelter/sleeping systems/clothing, compared to a lot of guys out there.

Any real world experience with the bags would be appreciated. If you think the 3600 will be plenty or if the 5000 would be safer. I’m mainly concerned that the 5000 will just be too big for most of my hunting outside this goat tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have used a K3 4800 for everything from hunting, scouting, hiking, SAR, and snowmobiling. That said, I dropped to the 3600 for the K4, and I do not feel that the 3600 is much smaller than the 4800.

If you are getting just one, get the 5000. I bought the 7200, and I then got a second, 3600 size bag for it used off this forum. It is very quick to swap. The 3600 is going with me in a couple weeks on on base camp hunt. I have been training with the pack with 40 lbs in it, and I love it. Much better than my old Osprey.