Exo K2 3500 OR Mystery Ranch Metcalf?

Hi everyone!! New guy here.

Just looking for everyone's input on which to choose, getting ready to lay the cash down on a new pack and I'm having a tough time deciding which to choose!

Looking for pros & cons about both from the guys that know!!

Thanks in advance for the help fellas!

-Mad

MT Bill

FNG
I'm in the same position as you. It's time to upgrade from my eberlestock X2 and I've narrowed it down to the same as you. I'm leaning toward the metcalf right now, but I really like the extra pockets of the exo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I haven't pulled the trigger yet on a new pack but I'm leaning heavily towards the K2. I think that it will suit my needs the best

OP
M
I'm leaning towards the metcalf right now as well but I'm really liking the idea of the exo pockets though too.

MT Bill

FNG
I'm thinking I might order both and return the one I like least, but my bank account won't like it much.

OP
M
I may just do the same thing MT Bill.

I was so set on grabbing a new metcalf as soon as they were available, I never thought that I'd be considering a different pack now.

When it comes time to pull the trigger on a pack it will be the Exo. Just not sure on size. I'd like to get the 3500 but I've never heard anybody say" boy I wish I didn't have so much room in my bag." So I'm leaning toward the 5500 and eventually the 2000.

jherald

WKR
For my own personal uses the 3500 is too much of an in-betweener size for me. I've got a 5500 and it expands with enough room for me to do a real 10 day backpack hunt. I'll be getting one of the smaller bags so I can have a dedicated daypack/scouting kit bag.

An Exo 2000 and a 5500 is a perfect combo for all needs. Definitely Exo over MR.

Last edited:
Put my 3500 through its paces today setting up salt and camera's in a couple remote basins. Most of the way off trail, and I must say I was impressed! Took some fiddling to find the sweet spot, but carried like a dream once I found it

MT Bill

FNG
I saw that black ovis must be getting some in stock finally, but no foilage in medium or any xl yet.

OP
M
Well guys, after checking out a friends metcalf I decided to grab myself one. Lucky for me a local dealer had some in stock and I grabbed one in Multicam. So excited to finally have a pack that I can count on!

MT Bill

FNG
Well guys, after checking out a friends metcalf I decided to grab myself one. Lucky for me a local dealer had some in stock and I grabbed one in Multicam. So excited to finally have a pack that I can count on!
Be sure to report back once you get a chance to put it through the paces.