Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

204guy

WKR
I think 2.0 should mostly be healthcare workers. At this point, let Darwin sort it out. I haven’t been able to take a full week off in 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In WY? That sounds like an internal staffing issue and covid is the easy excuse.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Had a dog that would LOSE his mind if a Giant Cicada Killer ever showed up. The WTF look on his face was priceless.

Uniformity.

Lots of places do it.
A few years ago costco was looking at starting their own poultry production just to supply their rotisserie chicken. Don't know if it happened or not.

An interesting thing about the organic side of poultry production, most of it is chicken. They grow fast enough they don't need the meds that turkey frequently require. Pretty dern hard to do an organic turkey unless it's free range, that takes to much time and space to be large scale. The broilers are turned around in 6-8 weeks now.

It happened with Costco. Or at least around here it did. Tons of grower barns went up in the last 3-5 years and they are all for Costco.
There were tons of public meetings trying to get farmers on board. Eventually guys bought in.
Farmers had to fit the bill for the barn. (Priced at 1 million each IIRC) and were "guaranteed" the market for like 10 years.

It happened with Costco. Or at least around here it did. Tons of grower barns went up in the last 3-5 years and they are all for Costco.
There were tons of public meetings trying to get farmers on board. Eventually guys bought in.
Farmers had to fit the bill for the barn. (Priced at 1 million each IIRC) and were "guaranteed" the market for like 10 years.

Around here one of the grower outfits is pretty much just Chipotle for what I'm told.

I can't get behind the poultry outfits in our area, you don't get control over anything. They bring you your birds, your feed, and tell you when things are happening. Bit guys are falling over themselves building houses. Within a half mile of my home farm there's around 940k chickens raised a year. In short order when these additional houses are done it's going to be north of 2m a year.

I'd rather have poultry than a subdivision around, so I guess I'm one of the few not upset about it.

LostArra

WKR
Within a half mile of my home farm there's around 940k chickens raised a year.

I'd rather have poultry than a subdivision around, so I guess I'm one of the few not upset about it.
I can see 940k chickens upset about it.

Can you get free garden fertilizer from those places?

I can see 940k chickens upset about it.

Can you get free garden fertilizer from those places?

It ain't free. 12-13$/ton.

I don't worry about it for my garden.

There's a breeder facility next to one of my farms that they didn't want me spreading litter from other facilities on my farm. They were supposed to be paying me to buy nitrogen but then they didn't. Pissed me off pretty good.

Maybe if I'm enough of an ass about it they will just give me all their litter so I don't bring it in from anywhere else.

wyosam

WKR
In WY? That sounds like an internal staffing issue and covid is the easy excuse.

An internal staffing issue at every major hospital in the state? No one can find help. Hospitals are filling up with COVID 2.0, and everyone is over it. My own vacation issue is somewhat specific since I have a pretty specific skill set that is in really high demand, and low volume hospitals don’t need very many of us. Trying to train help when we cant get or keep help in general is nearly impossible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DEGdog

FNG
This thread might be the craziest thread on RS in ages…murder hornets, Costco chicken supply chains, hiring practices of Chick-fil-A, and random jackwagons bragging about how they hope to contribute to the next covid surge. Rock on!

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
This thread might be the craziest thread on RS in ages…murder hornets, Costco chicken supply chains, hiring practices of Chick-fil-A, and random jackwagons bragging about how they hope to contribute to the next covid surge. Rock on!

If jackwagons are what you want to call folks for personal freedoms then yes sir! 😉

I live in a county with 100k people spread over 554 Sq miles. We have had almost 1200 total cases of covid, since they have been keeping track last year. It's not the same situation in every place in the country. Some of us jackwagons look at the "science" too. Probably why we didn't "lock down" the 1st time.
I know we have lost very few small businesses and since our Governor cut off the federal gravy train at the end of June most places that offer a decent wage are adequately staffed.

Geewhiz

WKR
As hospital personnel is being told take the shot or lose you job…… what happened to Heroes work here?
Are you a healthcare worker that's being told that? Honest question because I work in healthcare and have been waiting for this to come down the pipe. I'll quit and move to alaska and build a hut to live in and they can kiss my furry eskimo buttox.

I work in admin in a hosp in mo. I dont expect a shutdown like before, but we as a profession are taking a beating already just like a few months ago. There are to many pts and way to few staff. We cant even ship to other huge hospitals because they dont have any staff either. I am not sure what we are gonna do. Ive already got nurses threatening to quit or retire if covid hits hard again. We also have a backorder on tons of items we need. I am told its sitting in warehouses at the docks but they cant hire anyone to unload it. We are tired, mentally and physically. Not sure where this is gonna go.
People will probably die, like they have for eons.

Reactions: WRM
Status
Not open for further replies.