Every Day Carry- Flashlight Edition

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I see in addition to the Microstream that I'm currently carrying, they have a Microstream USB light- rechargeable with two settings high at 200 lumens- same short length and svelte weight -1 ounce hmmmm :D

Another vote for the Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA

Compact enough for easy pocket carry
Runs on 1 single AA battery
350 lumens
Waterproof
Great when used as headlamp clipped to ball cap
Under $40
Easy "on" button for quick use
Bright/low/Strobe with each tap of button

Mine's going on 5 or 6 years now, very tough and reliable.

OP
G

Grumman

WKR
Another vote for the Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA

Compact enough for easy pocket carry
Runs on 1 single AA battery
350 lumens
Waterproof
Great when used as headlamp clipped to ball cap
Under $40
Easy "on" button for quick use
Bright/low/Strobe with each tap of button

Mine's going on 5 or 6 years now, very tough and reliable.

I ended up ordering this model. So far so good. The ability to clip to a hat bill helped a lot while replacing a ceiling fan in the dark. The dual battery option is a great feature. I’d still like to try a Wedge model down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hussar

Lil-Rokslider
I like my HDS Rotary. It's been in my pocket for the last 7 years. I have rechargeable batteries that I top off once a month.

bat-cave

WKR
My personal favorite is the Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA. Can run on either a single AA or a Lithium cell. Support side back pocket, if it's really for what I think of as EDC, then you want to be able to shoot with it and the rear activation makes it easy to active/deactivate for defensive purposes as well.

montei

FNG
Olight s2r2 baton. Awesome light. Very bright and has a magnetic on the end that comes in very handy at work.

pwrdbycotn

FNG
Classified Approved
Big flashlight nerd/collector here 🤣
For production flashlights, Zebralight (https://www.zebralight.com/) is the best you will find. They’re tough as nails and their emitters provide a lot of light and still have good to great CRI (color rendering index).
So many of the other production lights, such as Olight, use junk emitters that produce terrible blue and green hues that cause glare and distorts the color of what is being lit. There’s also the issue of high failure rates in switches and circuitry of the lower level production lights.
Not a big deal if you’re just hunting the back 40 of the family farm, but a flashlight failure while on an expensive hunt would be very unfortunate.

I had a County Comm Maratac Rev. 4 AA flashlight i really liked. Most lumens of any 2AA flashlight, super durable, about $50. Lost it, just have a Thrunite TH20 single AA headlamp now. AA batteries cos my noaa weather radio uses them, and i can find in whatever out of the way place i happen to be in. A general store in bfe wont have 3v batteries, but probably AAs. Streamlight protac has worked well too.