Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime Buck....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of me is a little self conscious that jlhois is giving my hometown of Boise a bad name. I am willing to bet any of you well know Roksliders out there a sizable amount of money he is a California transplant.

Id take a wager he is not a CA transplant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now I am suspicious Can’t hit em is part of jlhois’s spotting crew with inside information. I hate it when someone calls my bluff.

Nah he did an FNG post
7efc1b5ce69fc0a3e1918f1bd38cca96.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Shraggs

WKR
Anybody else tried explaining this to their wife? I did. It didn't go well.

Her: What are you laughing at?
Me: The hunting forum.
Her: The hunting forum can be funny?
Me: This thread is.
Her: What's the thread about?
Me: A guy shot a deer and thinks someone stole it.
Her: That doesn't sound funny.
Me: Well, a guy made a meme video of Hitler from Downfall. It was really funny.
Her: That doesn't sound funny either.
Me: And that's why I don't take you hunting.
Her: I want a divorce,
I decided to just show my wife some of the meme, and she starting laughing at them. I’m selective which ones I show tho

Now I am suspicious Can’t hit em is part of jlhois’s spotting crew with inside information. I hate it when someone calls my bluff.
Do you not have google?
In his first post was a YouTube video with a full name (screen name) of the guy hanging it, and some Fishing vids. A quick google search from there finds you a wealth advisor in Boise by way of New Mexico.

Not to mention his posts on this forum somewhat confirming the same.

Yeah, you can’t be sure, but I wouldn’t bet against google.

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ve been 20 pages behind since this whole thing started and I can’t catch up no matter how hard I try.

Must be how drama llama feels.
I read the first post and found myself tagged multiple times somewhere around page 92 and 93. I guess a guy lost a buck???? I hear there were sandwhich dogs involved? Or was that another thread?

Carry on I suppose. See you all in another 93 pages of comments LOL

twsnow18

FNG
45048b86107cde0980f34e110abcce2f.jpg

Shoulda used that 2 blade for your first shot and you’d be eating BOAL straps instead of that silly Fire-N-Hole broadhead you must have used to cut that perfect circle and lose him due to lack of penetration.

e03fccd0dfec6fec34af4968c6db466b.jpg

This guy is onto something. 686 is a smart man! @jlhois shot it with a 2 blade. The clues are ALL here boys, just put them to good use and look beyond the surface, do the deep dive and it will come together. Venture beyond rokslide! Not only will you crack the case for yourself, but it will provide fodder through the archery opener! #perfectcircle #tooperfect #nobloodshot #nobruising #notrauma #weird #nobloodpressure?

At the end of the day. You guys backed off an animal that you could have got up above and stuck again. Someone else was in there and finished the job. Whether he was dead or not, his tag is on it and not yours. From the picture posted, he took what is required by law. Probably more than what you would have been able to salvage after leaving a gut shot buck to lay overnight in August. It’s an unfortunate thing, but you got long cocked.

BrentH

WKR
I’ll admit, I’ve only read 31 out of 103 pages, and perused FB a little. So far, I have come to the conclusion that either the head and cape were taken; the head, cape, and some of the meat was taken; or the head, cape, and most of the meat was taken.

2D08E096-0C43-4FE1-9564-EAEB6499F302.png
9734E25C-5393-4427-8CC8-2B848AB29862.png
0D8B569E-BF9A-4A2C-B3BF-65F3531157E2.png

This guy is onto something. 686 is a smart man! @jlhois shot it with a 2 blade. The clues are ALL here boys, just put them to good use and look beyond the surface, do the deep dive and it will come together. Venture beyond rokslide! Not only will you crack the case for yourself, but it will provide fodder through the archery opener! #perfectcircle #tooperfect #nobloodshot #nobruising #notrauma #weird #nobloodpressure?
Care to elaborate? I’m figuring that broadhead has to be a 1” cut minimum.
What are you thinking it was shot with, a 12 gauge slug? Something bigger?
Did you guys hear a gun shot? Maybe aliens with 30mm laser beams? Sasquatch put his cigar out on the carcass?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.