Ethics in hunting, the story of my once in a lifetime Buck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torrent50

FNG
The answer to this mystery is simple. Jlhois' buck had info on the Clintons. Well, one in particular. It goes something like this.....

Uncle Bill loves venison. He considers it a "special treat." I think we all know what this is code for. Jlhois' buck was one of Billy's "special treats" and as such, had been under close surveillance by two of the family handlers for some time. These are highly trained former special ops guys who have acquired a certain set of skills over a very long career that would allow them to go unnoticed on the mountain by Jlhois and other well-known-roksliders. They were just waiting for the opportunity for the buck to 'have an accident'. Jlhois' poor shot and decision to 'back out' for the night provided just the opportunity they had been seeking. A simple night incursion over the saddle to the dead or dying buck and all evidence was removed......along with some meat for their troubles. Who among us has not rewarded a buddy for helping out by giving them a backstrap????

I believe that Jlhois' buck is now "mounted" in Uncle Bill's secret "trophy room."

Mtnboy

WKR
So who shot it first?
Good question that I don't think has been considered.

Maybe someone shot it before OP and he shoulda displayed better ethics by letting them have it first??

I guess that theory goes out the window if we believe that IDF&G did truly send out the CSI unit... I don't know what to believe anymore.

CorbLand

WKR
The real question that is not being asked is what defines a fatal shot? If I hit one in the ass and it dies 2-3 weeks later due to infection, is that still considered "my" deer? Is there a timeline of when it doesn't become "my" animals after making a "fatal" shot?

Laramie

WKR
Guessing the list on names who had a tag is fairly short. This shouldn't be that hard to figure out and no need for the social media approach unless the case is soft. I'm curious but also annoyed at the approach. However, the thread has been pretty entertaining to say the least.

marktole

WKR
Also we have to step our game up if we are going to catch the stock trader thread or the cheep stuff that works. Come on guys, we need to take one for the team.

Here is my contribution to keep it going, but why even bother?

We’re never going to come remotely close to some of the OG covid threads that got 5k or more posts.

Edit: We’re definitely screwed because I just checked the Rokslide Traders Thread and did not realize it was up to 9k+ posts 😳

Rich M

WKR
Some of the length predictions are pretty close.

You gotta wonder what really happened tho. JH shoots buck, walks off to let it die and someone spent a couple hours hacking away on it with a knife in the interim. No one was seen except for a well-known rokslide member. I need a scooby snak.

We need one of the "priceless" memes - Spending three months scouting and patterning the buck of a lifetime, walking away after you shoot it, coming in to a quartered carcass - Priceless!

Why isn't G&F calling Google and getting the cell phone records for people in the area? They did it for a Griz and people that took an unauthorized visit to the capital about a year ago.

Bet your a$$ they had this guy's cell data.

viking guy wkr.jpg

87TT

WKR
Guessing the list on names who had a tag is fairly short. This shouldn't be that hard to figure out and no need for the social media approach unless the case is soft. I'm curious but also annoyed at the approach. However, the thread has been pretty entertaining to say the least.
That's because the whole BIG IDFG investigation is BS. A warden may have came out and poked around but that was the end of it. The only reason DNA would have been taken from OP's arrow would be if he was a suspect in a crime. All a load of crap. Unless who ever has the buck didn't have or punch a tag, there is no crime. Waste of meat is a gray area. If the meat spoiled because the person couldn't get back in time, no intent. No intent, no crime.
If the meat was not spoiled, did OP or warden salvage it? Did OP punch his tag before he returned to claim "his" deer?

But more to the point
CLOWNHUGS_zps87faa20a.jpg

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
could someone make a steve chappell meme saying
hey got any more of those once in a lifetime bucks left?

I would do it but don't know how

Status
Not open for further replies.