ElkNut App - Bad Timing!

ElkNut1

WKR
OK, here it is like things happened! The App Team & Myself included realized by staying with a one time price with no yearly subscription just wasn't cutting it. We had to rectify it, period! Stuff cost money. First, Apple Store, Android Store, App Guys & my Wife & I all divvy up the sales. For those who feel we are swimming in dough with this App, think again. Sure it does a great job but more important to me is that it helps countless hunters shorten their elk learning curve. Yes sir & it works! That right there puts a smile on my face, nothing like assisting others, it has it's own separate rewards.

This New Version of the App was to Air end of July to the 1st of Aug, it didn't! With the New App we had to make a decision to try & keep both Apps, not financially sensible or possible. In hopes of an early Aug. finish to the New App that would allow us to post on Social media such as IG, Hunting Forums, F/B, etc. This would alert most App users as to the change from one time purchase to a yearly subscription, at that time hunters would have had plenty of time to decide whether they wanted to renew or not, simple as that. -- As the new version was being installed it took away the original version, I did not know it would do that? Bottom line is it did, sorry guys. If I'd had known that I would have stopped it. Biggest hurdle was App team dropped the ball & couldn't get the new version in a timely manner. (late July/early Aug)

Well, that early date did not happen! As a matter of fact the Iphone version just went live this week, FINALLY! The Android has not, it still shows the Original App Forum. It will stay this way so Android users can still use the original version until Archery season is over, then the New App will go live on Androids.

Bottom line was unhappy hunters, hell ya, I'd be pissed too & I was, just ask Tayler one of the App guys. He does a great job all around but the Timing on this Update definitely sucked.

Has this pissed you guys off, you bet & I understand. Things are now worked out & I will move forward, don't know what else to do?

I will add that I'd elk hunted for 5 days & left because of heat & smoky conditions. When I got home I saw these things with the App were happening, before that I thought all was going smooth, not the case. I've not elk hunted since as I was on the phone, emails & PM's trying to respond to guys like you on what was going on with no App on your Iphones. I love elk hunting with my Son, not this year, to me that's a bigger loss than any of you guys were experiencing with the App.

For those who do not like the change to a yearly subscription, that's OK. Is the New Version worth it, you aren't just a kidding it is, huge additions for sure. If it's not for you, no problem. You can still listen to & watch the countless Podcasts & Seminars/Webinars I've shared in for free on the Internet if you so desire.

Bottom line, I Apologize for the Timing of this to all of you, I hope you can understand. Regardless I'll still be sharing any knowledge I may have that can help out on this Forum. If any have questions fire away. If you need to contact me, please do. 208-315-0562

P.S. For those that purchased the App in the last 90 days or so let Tayler know & you will receive a free version of the new App for a year. [email protected] -- here's my email in case you'd rather cuss me out -- [email protected]

Paul

KHNC

WKR
Just deleted off my phone. Thats too bad. Maybe next year.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Dakota Dude, I understand where you're coming from. It's so darned inexpensive in the 1st place it does surprise me that it's questioned?

Those that are questioning price evidently have not seen the New App Version. Guys it's not the same App we're talking about here. It's a 1/3 larger with a new format, 28-30 new instructional videos in addition to what was already there on every Tactic & Sequence talked about including the Slow Play plus all the written content under the Tips Section. It has every Podcast,Webinar & Seminars I've given for years without leaving the App. It has dozens of ElkNut Crew Success Photos as confirmation. It can now be installed on all PC's, Tablets & Phone devices all at the same time on one purchase. Yes, there's more but those come to mind!

As I mentioned above the first year is 7.49 not 14.99. It can be cancelled at anytime.

It has Bornandraised Elk Calls, Bugles & much more on the App for 15% off. A couple reeds or a bugle or both bought there darn near pays for the App.

I will add this, near 200 bulls & a few Cows have been taken with the use of the App this Sept. that hunters have shared with us. What do you think are the Top 2 with the highest success rate so far?

# - 1- Advertising Sequence - # -2- Breeding Sequence - For grins - #-3- it's the Slow Play Sequence. I'll bet most here would have felt the Slow Play was # - 1. Good luck the rest of the season!

P.S. HODL, doggone it your right! I'm calling my Son & I'm going to do my best to call a bull in for him, still got a few days! Thanks man!

ElkNut/Paul

WoodrowCall

Lil-Rokslider
You guys whining throw a fit when a restaurant unexpectedly raises prices or changes the menu too??? Times are changing, businesses evolve and must adapt with the times. Many apps that routinely update information or offering must charge a yearly fee to keep up with the constant updates. Paul has been more than gracious to everyone that’s ever asked for help and even came on here to publicly explain and apologize. He didn’t have to, and he did anyways because he cares about this “community”.

Bunch of y’all probably spend more than this yearly app cost at Starbucks each week anyhow… 🙄

Elkhntr08

WKR
Guess what gets me, is was sold as a pay once, have it forever. Could even transfer to a new phone. Nothing like a restaurant raising prices, unless they raise them after you eat.
Sorry Paul, we spent many hours together in my work truck and on long flights. I would have never known what a bull was doing a couple years ago if it hadn’t been for your module on glunking.

Paul, as you know from a previous post I'm not complaining. just some info for you because I believe you were misinformed; I have an I phone and I downloaded the app on 8/27 (old version). while I was on the mountain I hit a spot with signal and received the update there by loosing everything, only made me mad because I was bored and wanted to watch the vids I downloaded lol. anyway, on 9/13 when I came down I purchased the sub. again. so the app store released it earlier than this week, also I was charged 16.21$ (14.99 + tax) not 7.50$ and as I look now there's another update. I am wondering if part of the problem is in fact the app store. might be something to look at .
In the mean time Paul, get back on that mountain and hunt. this stuff can be fixed after the season.

BBob

WKR
I am wondering if part of the problem is in fact the app store. might be something to look at .
In my discussion with Tayler over pretty much the same issues you experienced he definitely said dealing with the App Store has been a big issue with this. Not an excuse really but just what they unexpectedly had to deal with and what Paul alluded to happening as well.

kinda figured that might be an issue. besides the work they have to do, they also have to rely on an outside source to both understand and perform the job correctly and I'm sure all the app store cares about is getting the app out and getting paid.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR

Stanginthe11s, not sure where you picked up the App? The promo code was written on the ElkNut App front page that showed a subscription basis was in effect. The code is ELKNUTOG -- The App is 7.49 at present. Please email me & I'll see you are reimbursed your full amount! I appreciate your stand up & sensible thoughts.

I'd be upset in your situation as well. I wish all this could be reversed, none of this was intentional, my ignorance I guess on how technology works! I just had to use spell check to write technology, geez!

Thanks, yes I talked with my Son & I'm heading back up tomorrow! I can't believe shit like this can bring me down, it's who I am I guess, I'll get over it. You'd think at 67 I could care less???

ElkNut/Paul

Beckjhong

WKR
A chance to support an American small business that so many shout about. And a chance to support someone that has given so much to the community. Mistakes happen, we are all human, and perhaps should learn to take things in stride. I believe there’s a famous book that says something about turning the other cheek? Love the app, love the info, and happily subscribed.