Elk Hunting In Wyoming?

GodSpeed1

Lil-Rokslider
Thinking of trying to hunt Elk in Wyoming at some point in the future as a Non resident. I know the 90-10 rule hasn’t touched this species just yet - sounds like it could, but whatever that’s beside the point at this moment. I’m just wondering about units that might be worth looking into if I accrue a handful of points in the coming years . Thank ya much

Last edited:

Jaquomo

WKR
If you don't have any points now, it will likely take you another six years to draw a general tag if the task force recommendations are implemented.

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
If you don't have any points now, it will likely take you another six years to draw a general tag if the task force recommendations are implemented.
Will general units be affected by 90/10? I didn’t think they would since they are OTC for residents.

Start buying points now. Given the current rate of point creep, swing back by in 6-7 years when you draw a general tag. Unless you get lucky and pick one up in the random earlier. If E,D,A go 90/10 it will be longer. If it goes 90/10 and they get the outfitters set aside it’ll be much, much longer.
It does no good to get information on the unit you can’t draw for 4 to 5 years. A world things can change for the better or worse.

Last edited: