Elk Camp - Ice House

From Northern MN and expect to be hunting in MT this October. We have a main camp that we can use but we are looking to take the SxS higher up the mountain and spend the night a couple times so we can get up higher earlier. I don’t think I can justify a wall tent to the wife and I don’t think that’s really what we want for this experience…thinking something we could take up and take down more easily. I was wondering if anyone had tried using their ice tent as a camping tent. Maybe with a buddy heater? I’m thinking condensation could be a problem possibly? I tried searching the site but couldn’t find a thread like this. If it’s out there and someone knows about it, could you just send me the link? Thanks in advance.
I seen some guys using the insulated hub shacks in Colorado 💯

Cady Creek

Lil-Rokslider
Yep, like others have said, have seen plenty of them in use in both CO and MT. Just like we see plenty of hub blinds sitting on the ice in the winter. Until the wind blows anyway :)

waldo9190

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting southern WY in 2020 I camped in a hub shack and we ran into a CO on the mountain one day. First thing he said (when he saw our plates to confirm) was "Huh, I KNEW you guys were from MN".