Elk broadhead

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
Strickland Helix. Love the thinner point up front, single bevel does a great job screwing around inside the animal, and they fly like darts for me. Pretty decent heads

Duh

WKR
Kudu 125's. Shot a bull elk quartering to at 35. Full pass thru opposite shoulder. Never found the arrow, it continued on down the drainage!

Prime Rival 70#
29.5" Draw
500 Grain Black Eagle Rampage
Legend has it, the arrows still flying through the earth.

S.Clancy

WKR
I'm waffling between shooting my SEVR 2.0" and some VPA 3-blade. I'm shooting a 500 gr arrow 285-290 fps, so I am really trending towards the big mech....

RowdyAF

FNG
No elk this year, but I'm running the Crimson Talon Croc 150 gr on whitetail this year. At $30/3 they're kinda hard to ignore.
Update: shot these broadheads today and after bareshaft and nock tuning they hit about 1/2” from field points. I’d say they are flying well.

croc-150-one-black.jpg

Last edited:

No_Murphy

FNG
I am going single bevel once I start hunting elk. Just get something with good quality steel. It will be easier to sharpen and stay sharp longer. Mechanicals will work on elk, but I want something with more forgiveness if I make a bad shot or hit bone. I would definitely go single bevel and at least 150 grain

wyodog

FNG
Muzzy Trocar got the job done again this year. 58-yard recovery after total pass through of both lungs. Every year I think about trying a new broadhead for elk, but I just keep using what has been working for me.

TX_Diver

WKR
I shot a bull frontal this year w/ a 100gr 3 blade cutthroat and it went all the way through the body cavity and out his belly (I was slightly above him). Almost 4' of penetration and the arrow was stuck about 16" in the ground after coming out of him. They fly well for me and are easy to sharpen (once you get the hang of it). Sample size of one but I'm a fan and will keep shooting them.

Read1t48

WKR
100 gr. Trocar. Hand sharpened each year. I’ve taken 3 elk now with same broadhead and arrow. Almost a full pass thru this year. Went 40 yds. Once you have a broadhead with good integrity and structure, and most are, you need them SHARP - and most aren’t. At least not in my definition.

Attachments

• IMG_7185.jpeg
    IMG_7185.jpeg
    567.1 KB · Views: 17

Brushcreekbill

Lil-Rokslider
Went with iron wills. 175g with the bleeders. 10 yards quartering to

I’ve used the montecs for years but I never felt like I could get them really sharp. I’ve broke enough of them too. Can’t say enough good about the iron wills

Attachments

• IMG_1020.jpeg
    IMG_1020.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 18
Going to give the Iron Will 150 SBRs a try this year. They were surprisingly easy to get tuned. Hitting with field points out to 50-60 yards.
Makes 2 of us

I'm putting my 150 Wides on the shelf till i get the bitz out of the storage room