Elite Era Review updated--> 10/19/2023 on the home page

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
I’ve held the Era and RX8 in my hand but haven’t shot either of them for a reason. 🤣 I like how the Era feels in my hand more than the RX8 and I’ve been a Hoyt guy for a long time.
Frankly, I don't think shooting either in the common 10' test drive would do anything. The RX8 is faster and the Era is lighter, that's about all there is during the draw to shot.

Frankly, I don't think shooting either in the common 10' test drive would do anything. The RX8 is faster and the Era is lighter, that's about all there is during the draw to shot.
I like lighter. Feels to me that some of the newer carbon bows Hoyt is putting out are getting heavier? Could be just me though. I would definitely need to shoot them to see what feels better. Probably why I don’t. I would end up with a new bow and that’s the last thing I need to spend money on right now. 🤣🤣

ItemB

Lil-Rokslider
@sndmn11 I know it's up to the individual but you choosing the era over the omnia? I'm looking at getting a used or hold over bow and deciding between these two right now but that could change. Used market the omnia is $200-$400 cheaper.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

Well Known pink hat wearing Rokslider
@sndmn11 I know it's up to the individual but you choosing the era over the omnia? I'm looking at getting a used or hold over bow and deciding between these two right now but that could change. Used market the omnia is $200-$400 cheaper.

I like playing with bows, hence trying the RX8 and reviewing it here at some point this month. The Era has/had great resale value so I sold it. The Omnia I shot better for score and the real value did/does suck, so my brother has the one I reviewed. I think the Era is the perfect hunting bow.

@KickinNDishin is now shooting the RX8, and beating all her previous scores, she drew a phorn buck tag and I am tagless. Going back to the I like playing with bows part, I got a Mach34 about a month ago, and @KickinNDishin can share the 60lb Omnia she shot last year.

Back to your main question @ItemB , I have not heard of any person having anything other than an easy time tuning an Era. We had easy tuning Omnia's, some folks haven't, so I think I'd suggest the Era.