Elite Era Review updated--> 10/19/2023 on the home page

sndmn11

WKR

I've had an Elite Era for about a month. Elite brought a fair amount of new this year, so we decided to separate this from the Omnia review seen here--> https://www.rokslide.com/elite-omnia-review/

I am finding the Era to be much more than a slower carbon riser Omnia; drastically more than that. So much so, this one is named Grinch...

Is there anything that is top of mind with Elite's Era that you would like to see covered?

Once again, I got my Era at Rocky Mountain Specialty Gear.

Gear list:
Hamskea Trinity
Spot Hogg Fast Eddie
Hamskea Raptor
Cutthroat 2 blade and Cutthroat 3 blade broadheads
Gold Tip Pierce
Ethics Inserts
Quivalizer
Catfish VEC99 strings

PXL_20230710_214657897.jpg

@Justin Crossley
@robby denning

Last edited:
I just read your Omnia review so now I'm interested to read this one and see why it's called the Grinch. It looks like it's shooting good for you.

I only put a few arrows through a 70# Era back when they were released. I loved how it felt in hand both before, during, and after the shot. But I don't have any measurables regarding performance.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
I just read your Omnia review so now I'm interested to read this one and see why it's called the Grinch. It looks like it's shooting good for you.

I only put a few arrows through a 70# Era back when they were released. I loved how it felt in hand both before, during, and after the shot. But I don't have any measurables regarding performance.
Grinch = I love that Omnia and was a little bit surly that I had committed to reviewing the Era and would be sacrificing practice with the Omnia. Like a kid on Christmas.,, This Era has turned from the spoiler to champion just like The Grinch.

My "thesis" for this review is to see if accuracy can be retained as a lightweight system, and if there are durability issues. I do have performance measurables in regard to velocity, and it is on par with online calculators and other 335ish bows.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Grinch = I love that Omnia and was a little bit surly that I had committed to reviewing the Era and would be sacrificing practice with the Omnia. Like a kid on Christmas.,, This Era has turned from the spoiler to champion just like The Grinch.

My "thesis" for this review is to see if accuracy can be retained as a lightweight system, and if there are durability issues. I do have performance measurables in regard to velocity, and it is on par with online calculators and other 335ish bows.
Grinch, got it now. So what’s the weight difference between bows.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Grinch, got it now. So what’s the weight difference between bows.
My scale has it at about 9.2oz difference.

The distribution of weight is very different between the two. With wanting to test them with no added stabilizers, it has taken me a couple of weeks to adapt to how they both float when switching back and forth, but I think focusing on trusting the float and pulling through the release has made me a better archer.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
The elk won the first few days. I am enjoying losing almost a point between the carbon riser and using the quivalizer.

I also switched over to Altra Centrum arrows a week before the trip in a 300 spine. I was able to broadhead tune with the SET in a half an hour, and devote the rest of my range time sight in.

PXL_20230903_211617050.jpgPXL_20230902_230952359.jpg

OR Archer

WKR
Well the new Elites will be dropping first part of October so you might have another review to do.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
Well the new Elites will be dropping first part of October so you might have another review to do.

I know what one is! It's right up my alley too. I haven't asked about anything other than what I want to see, and then got the info.

I am pretty high on these arrows, I think they might solve a big gripe of mine but need to experiment after the season. @KickinNDishin says she will come call for me this weekend, so I should be golden.

OR Archer

WKR
How do you like that insert system they’re using? Does it sit over the shaft at all? Looks interesting

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR
How do you like that insert system they’re using? Does it sit over the shaft at all? Looks interesting

That's what I need to test and what my gripe is with what is available for .166.

I have a lot (27ish?) of pierce arrows with ethics inserts that I have had since 2013ish, and like 5 have straight inserts.

I theorize/hypothesize that the hour glass portion is the weak spot on purpose; sort of like a car bumper to prevent the expensive stuff from damage. You get ~.88" I section and ~.44" overlap. They had told me .46" overlap I think so my measurements are close enough. I don't think there's enough insert in the shaft to bend. You end up with ~1.25" of outsert past the end of the carbon and I think that is far more likely to bend especially with the hour glass shape.

From my perspective, if they sold the collar portion separately, and included an extra 3 or 4 collars per dozen shafts, then it would be great. Protect the shaft and permanent insert, and the collar is easily replaceable yet (seems) strong enough to get through an animal fully intact and nearly straight on hard bone impacts.

I blitzed a truck window sized flat rock with that one shaft a few times, and only the collar was bent. I straightened it back out with some pliers and it has a small game head on it now. Being 7075, I think there isn't any chance of bone causing a failure.

I also think they should include extra o rings and whatever tool to install them. I either lost three or melted them with acetone when gluing the inserts in. My other potential concern is if there's enough precision in the (presumed) machining of the arcos insert/outsert system that they will be flawlessly free of wobble. The prototype arcos set they sent for me to hunt with looks different that what the most recent shipment that I have pictured is. I have four arrows that the shafts and insert spin flawless but then the collar isn't perfect. I can't say if it's inherent to the system, or, my assumption due to being looser than these, different tolerance for this prototype run.

If replacement collars are available by themselves, I think I will like it a lot.

PXL_20230908_030654332.jpgPXL_20230908_030754162.jpg
PXL_20230908_031447772.jpg