Electric smoker recommendations

I have zero doubt the smok it is much better build quality. That said, my masterbuilt is 15 years old and going strong. It's also has almost double the capacity. If you can afford the higher end smok it, I'm sure you'd be very happy if you can live with the size (and a lot of folks are very happy with that smaller size). But to get a smoke it of the equivalent size the price is about double the masterbuilt. Not saying it isn't worth it, just trying to make a better comparison. Hope he enjoys whatever you get. Once I retire I'm making a big one (and a walk in cooler/freezer!).

LostArra

WKR
Smokin It is a Cookshack knock-off but an excellent knock-off. The nice thing about that design besides American made is the stainless steel construction and excellent insulation. I've smoked many meats in sub-20 degree weather. That design is so air tight that you have to use very little wood, like 1-2 oz..

Esq

FNG
I've got a Cookshak 1500 and it works great. If you do jerky you will need the exhaust fan to pull moisture out. It still takes a long time to dehydrate. For smoke I grab a few handfuls of pellets from the Mak pellet grill and then wrap in tinfoil and poke a few holes in the top. Smokes great and no mess.

On my second MES40 not a happy camper was doing slim jims yesterday and ran fine 2 hrs then would not stay running tired of messing with this brand for me! Always the same problem control board craps this one has maybe been used 10 times.

Cconrad94

FNG
I’ve used my dads electric smoker and really like how the meat turns out. I’m. It a big fan of his though, it’s the one that resembles a charcoal snapper but it is electric. The top comes off. I want a stand up one that has a front door. What brand and model would you guys recommend. Trying to stay at or below 200 dollars. Thanks for your help.
I really enjoy my Pit boss pellet smoker. Its the barrel style so you can still fit plenty. You can set it and forget it. I caught mine at the end of "season" for 50% off. $250

AkRyan

WKR
I just got a pit boss pro and absolutely love it. Day 1 I smoked a 2 pork buts that turned out amazing and I only opened the door one time in 14hrs..

Renojxd

FNG
I have had a Bradley for a number of years and love it. It is a 4 rack model. It uses the wood pucks that you can preload, set the temp and leave it alone. I’ve done a wide range of things with it and for sure recommend.
I set one of these on fire making bacon a few years ago. It was full and the pork bellies were really fatty. Now I pay better attention and got a new smoker.