ecwcs level 7 puffy pants

sconnieVLP

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the input guys. These seem like they will work pretty well for whitetail use, especially with being able to get a pant to fit over them to muffle some of the noise. If these were the same price as down pants I don't think I would spend much time considering them but for the price they seem worth the weight and space penalty for the budget minded hunter.
If I do end up getting them ill try to remember to update the post so it has more info for others searching in the future.
Any other input from guys who have used them in the past?
How big of pants are you planning to layer over the top of the marshmallow pants? The level 7 is designed to be worn as the outermost layer and is sized accordingly - they are gigantic. I wouldn’t recommend trying to jam them under another pair of pants, but if you’re set on that make sure you actually go try the pants on at a surplus store or something to get the right size. Don’t trust the measurements given on a website, QC between items is not a strong suit of USGI items.

OP
H
I have a pair that has quite a bit of room in the legs that may make it possible but it would be nice to actually have a pair in hand to see how possible it is before just buying some online. It's all part of trying figure stuff out before ordering something, only to be supposed due to lack of research.

yfarm

WKR
Wear 34x32 pants med reg level 7 fit fine. Use for stand hunting elk at 11,000 ft. Have also used a set of insulated xl coveralls over the top of my walk in clothing.