Echelon CF Versa Ultralight Riflestock Review, By Torin Miller

tam9492

WKR
cf09f31ee46263cf1be17cde62e159da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome - this is what I was hoping to see!

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Obligatory check-in to see if anyone on earth has one of these inlet in a Tikka yet so we can see the trigger reach. Thanks! The RS Lite is a year away minimum, my weight weenie tendencies cannot be denied that long...

-J

6.5x284

WKR
Obligatory check-in to see if anyone on earth has one of these inlet in a Tikka yet so we can see the trigger reach. Thanks! The RS Lite is a year away minimum, my weight weenie tendencies cannot be denied that long...

-J
Not a Tikka but loving my 700 stock. Already saving to order another.

Reactions: HGL

JCMCUBIC

WKR

-J

I've been shooting one for about a month now that I purchased second hand. I like it. The weight was a big factor for me.

I'll try to get a measurement of the trigger reach this weekend and reply here.

Jmort1754

WKR
I'll pick this up when I get back in town
Defiant classic
Pure precision m5
Steel aics mags for now
Fierce barrel
Unknown munitions 4 port

300 wsm

Attachments

• IMG_5383.jpeg
    IMG_5383.jpeg
    440.8 KB · Views: 38

JCMCUBIC

WKR
A quick measurement shows the trigger reach to be ~1.75". It seems about the same as the RokStok. It is a thicker, with more squared edges, grip than the RokStok. This is mainly noticeable to me on the thumbshelf in relation to the grip. I prefer the RokStok's grip but it's not that the EV's is bad, the RS's is just that good.

The forend/underside of action is also flatter, wider, and noticeably more square than the RokStok. I prefer the rounded RS.

The weight is my draw to it over the RS. It is also a more comfortable stock when shooting offhand for me than the RS, but some of the difference there might be reduced if I used higher rings with the RS. I have UM lows mounted on both of the rifles.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
A quick measurement shows the trigger reach to be ~1.75". It seems about the same as the RokStok. It is a thicker, with more squared edges, grip than the RokStok. This is mainly noticeable to me on the thumbshelf in relation to the grip. I prefer the RokStok's grip but it's not that the EV's is bad, the RS's is just that good.

The forend/underside of action is also flatter, wider, and noticeably more square than the RokStok. I prefer the rounded RS.

The weight is my draw to it over the RS. It is also a more comfortable stock when shooting offhand for me than the RS, but some of the difference there might be reduced if I used higher rings with the RS. I have UM lows mounted on both of the rifles.
Really appreciate this. If you get the chance to upload detailed photos at some point that would be terrific.

-J

Sounds like this may lend itself to an Arca rail, such as their carbon one, more so than a Rokstok for those of us who shoot from a tripod a lot. I much prefer to have the gun attached to the head closer to the mag well than out near the front.

6.5x284

WKR
Sounds like this may lend itself to an Arca rail, such as their carbon one, more so than a Rokstok for those of us who shoot from a tripod a lot. I much prefer to have the gun attached to the head closer to the mag well than out near the front.
You're correct. It's flat and the width of an ARCA from mag well to the forend. You could run a full length ARCA, or two small ARCA (mag well and forend), or one of the many combo's out there with pic/ARCA or pic/Spartan, etc... They have a new ultra low profile metal ARCA as well that's within .3oz of the carbon I think it was.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
Sorry it took me so long to post these...busy time. Here are a few pics beside an RS. The seams of the floor are approximately lined up with the bore, though the angle of the camera is a little off, it gives you a rough reference. If there's something particular you'd like a picture of let me know...I'll try to be a little quicker to post.

The underside of the RS is parallel to the bore, both the forend and butt. The EV has a more traditional slant. The EV has a longer grip that is a touch more vertical. The negative comb on the EV is not as aggressive as the RS

Side.jpg
The grip differences can be seen more here.

Side-Action-Grip.jpg

The EV is a much more square stock on the edges. It would work well for ARCA rails.

Bottom.jpg

WKR

WKR
Hmm interesting, anyone compared this stock to a mcmillan mountain tracker LR? I was pretty dead set on the MT LR being my next stock purchase but 8 ounces less overall weight sounds really nice. Read the original article and the flex in the stock is worrisome. My mcmillan GW LR is rock solid and I assume the MT LR would be the same.

tam9492

WKR
Hmm interesting, anyone compared this stock to a mcmillan mountain tracker LR? I was pretty dead set on the MT LR being my next stock purchase but 8 ounces less overall weight sounds really nice. Read the original article and the flex in the stock is worrisome. My mcmillan GW LR is rock solid and I assume the MT LR would be the same.
It appears that flex has been taken care with additional material in the forend. The stock I reviewed and recently purchased stocks show a good comparison.

WKR

WKR
It appears that flex has been taken care with additional material in the forend. The stock I reviewed and recently purchased stocks show a good comparison.
Did the weight change then?

z987k

WKR
I got my stock the other day. It's a Rem700 footprint. Bare stock with the recoil pad came in at 17.4oz.