Eberlestock Padded Hip Belt Alternative - Assistance Needed!

I’m running into an issue. I have a Eberlestock Gunslinger 2 and love it...except the hip belt…I saw Eberlestock offers a padded hip belt but based on reviews it only fits +34 waist. I’m a 30-31” waist so this is a no go. I hunt elk in Wyoming and know from experience a padded hip belt is a must. I also wanted to get the mainframe f1 for hunting this year but if I can’t utilize the Eberlestock padded hip belt, I’ll have to get creative or change my setup. I’m partial to Eberlestock because of their rifle scabbard. I won’t carry my rifle any other way. I hate side of pack carry because it’s not protected if I fall and my rifle is too heavy to be on a sling for +6 miles, gaining and loosing +1700 of elevation a day.

Here are my solutions:

1. Attach an alternative brand padded hip belt like the Exo K3 or maybe K4

2. Add padding to standard hip belt. No idea how..(my least favorite option)

3. Ditch Eberlestock all together. Get an Exo pack or some alternative and attach an Eberlestock tactical rifle scabbard to the pack

Any suggestions with first or second hand experience with any of these issues/solutions? Either attaching a differed brand hip belt to an Eberlestock or attaching a scabbard to a hunting pack?

Thanks in advance

DeePow

Lil-Rokslider
3. Ditch the Eberlestock and get a top tier pack. I use Seek Outside.
This is the way. I bought Eberlestock because of the deals I got. Even after modding it out with padded should, hip pads it was uncomfortable. I decided to jump ship when the K4 came out and I have no regrets. Exo is infinitely better from design to quality. Your hips and back will thank you.

OP
L
I just sold my Eberlestock and am going with the Kifaru pack. They just came out with a scabbard that you can attach bags to. And they’re local to me so even better. Thank you gents

This is the way. I bought Eberlestock because of the deals I got. Even after modding it out with padded should, hip pads it was uncomfortable. I decided to jump ship when the K4 came out and I have no regrets. Exo is infinitely better from design to quality. Your hips and back will thank you.
3. Ditch the Eberlestock and get a top tier pack. I use Seek Outside.
100% agree with the above. The top brands have better engineering and more thoughtful fit 'nuances'. Fabrics will vary. Capabilities generally won't. Good luck

Thats what I put on my J1 pack and its super comfy now with weight. Just posting this for the next person that surfs this thread.

I do not have a super long torso though so this combo works for me and the lifters work for me as well on the J1. If you have a longer torso then this prob would not work for you.