Eberlestock f1 mainframe

Ronge

FNG
I am thinking about the f1 pack. Anyone have any advice or suggestions. Good or bad.

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Love mine. Super modular, can setup for day hunt or week backcountry trip and anything in between. Well made and great company.

OP
R

Ronge

FNG
Thank you. The many options are one of the things I like about it. All the other companies seem to be much more limited

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, I don’t think there’s a more modular pack on the market or more durable. I run the bat wings, dry bag, and upgraded to the wide padded hip belt and run the multipack on that. There are rumors they’re coming out with a lid pack attachment soon. Think you’d be very happy if you want a modular pack that can literally do anything.

Eberlestock stuff might be a little heavier but I have no doubt it will last forever. They weight stress tested it and claim to hold over 700#, see video below:

OP
R

Ronge

FNG
Yes, I don’t think there’s a more modular pack on the market or more durable. I run the bat wings, dry bag, and upgraded to the wide padded hip belt and run the multipack on that. There are rumors they’re coming out with a lid pack attachment soon. Think you’d be very happy if you want a modular pack that can literally do anything.

Eberlestock stuff might be a little heavier but I have no doubt it will last forever. They weight stress tested it and claim to hold over 700#, see video below:

Thank you I have not seen that video

I am very happy with mine. I started with the 2500 vapor bag and it was a great day pack. It was very nice to be able to throw a quarter on and start packing rather than hiking to the truck for my pack frame.

OP
R

Ronge

FNG
Did you have the tall or the reg. How tall are you. I’m pretty sure I need the tall frame just trying to gather info

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Get the tall. Even a shorter person can use the tall and it has better load lifter capabilities.

Bluesky

FNG
I've been happy with my tall F1. I'm 6'2, 36in waist. I run a big drybag to pack into camp and then day hunt with two batwings. I might consider the small vapor if I need more space for a day hunt. Only issue i have had is the waist bet is too small. Getting a large size has been strangely difficult to attain. There are "aftermarket" belts that fit the pack and are much more comfortable. good info on belts here on RS if you keep searching around!

OP
R

Ronge

FNG
I've been happy with my tall F1. I'm 6'2, 36in waist. I run a big drybag to pack into camp and then day hunt with two batwings. I might consider the small vapor if I need more space for a day hunt. Only issue i have had is the waist bet is too small. Getting a large size has been strangely difficult to attain. There are "aftermarket" belts that fit the pack and are much more comfortable. good info on belts here on RS if you keep searching around!
Thank you. I’m 38 in the waist so maybe that would be less of a problem

I am 5’9”, 34 waist. The F1 and its options are exceptional. Very durable as well. i haul in with a dry bag and two bat wings. On a rifle pack hunt I also use the scabbard. The F1 can be transformed and tailored to any hunt scenario. Great customer service in store.

I like mine. I put the the thick pad shoulder harness on it and the large waist belt

They appear to have them in stock right now. I upgraded to the padded belt and shoulder straps and it is very comfortable. Money well spent.

Bluesky

FNG
They appear to have them in stock right now. I upgraded to the padded belt and shoulder straps and it is very comfortable. Money well spent.
Awesome! I haven't looked in about 6 months out of frustration. But thanks for the heads up!

onmyway

FNG
Mine was a great upgrade. Like Bluesky, I strap down a big dry bag when packing in and use the batwings for day to day. With 2 batwings it leaves a good amount of room between the frame and actual batwing pockets. Ends up being pretty handy to store and grab loose gear.

Gmr777

Lil-Rokslider
Mine was a great upgrade. Like Bluesky, I strap down a big dry bag when packing in and use the batwings for day to day. With 2 batwings it leaves a good amount of room between the frame and actual batwing pockets. Ends up being pretty handy to store and grab loose gear.
I run the same setup and it’s great. Upgraded to the wide padded hip belt and padded shoulder harness and those are awesome. Added the multipack to one side of hip belt this last season and it’s great. Keeps a lot of stuff handy and lots of little pockets to keep stuff organized.

Bellmoa

FNG
I have the F1 tall mainframe and it fits great (I’m 6’2”). The adjustability that the frame provides really makes it easy to adjust and fit to any preference and feel. I have gone through a few iterations of bags and pouches on the frame and now run two hip pouches and a water bottle holster. Packed out a few animals with it so far and it hasn’t skipped a beat with heavy loads. The only thing that bugs me is the perforated material on the shoulder straps. Under heavy loads it they start to feel a little rough, not unbearable but not as comfy as my mystery ranch harness.