ebay rant

Report him. Last year I listed an item and it had a bid on it but I noticed it showed up as new vs used and wanted to just remove and repost the item. Cost me a bunch of money but it was that or risk an unhappy buyer on a obviously used item. I would think eBay will help you out.

OP
Jstumbaugh
Karma might have come around.... Seller on AT listed the same model bow today in the color I wanted for less money less the sight and rest which isn't a big deal. Deal done and payment sent. I feel much more confident this deal will go through as we police our own much better.

Last edited:

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
For buying Bows or the like, I would much rather get one off of Rokslide or AT. Most of the people on a specific forum are going to be more likely to take care of their gear and be honest and up front than joe ebay.

If something is BNIB that's different, but used in any condition I'd stay away from ebay personally.

I hate how eBay allows sellers to mark things shipped without actually shipping them. I shouldn't get an email that says my item has shipped until it's in possession of the carrier.

madgrad02

WKR
I hate how eBay allows sellers to mark things shipped without actually shipping them. I shouldn't get an email that says my item has shipped until it's in possession of the carrier.
A lot of people generally print shipping info and postage directly from eBay i think, thusly populating the shipping info and marking it shipped...so can't fault that...now sellers waiting days after that to actually ship isnt eBay's fault, just bad business.

A lot of people generally print shipping info and postage directly from eBay i think, thusly populating the shipping info and marking it shipped...so can't fault that...now sellers waiting days after that to actually ship isnt eBay's fault, just bad business.
That's my whole point, eBay should stop the "item has shipped" notifications from happening until the package is physically scanned in by the carrier. So I blame both eBay and the sellers who waits too long to ship.

The same thing just happened to me, but on the other end. I had my pack listed locally for $300. I got impatient and decided to list on eBay with a starting bid of $275. In the past I have been shocked how much people have overbid when they get into a bidding war. There were 28 watchers, so I was hopeful going into the end of the auction but ended up with a single bid of $275. After I paid for shipping and eBay fees, I ended up netting $206, which I never would have sold the pack for locally. To make matters more interesting the buyer messaged me 5 days after he received the pack and asked if I would accept a return because the hip belt was too big. Luckily I was able to make him feel guilty about ordering the wrong size when the hip belt size was posted and he decided to try to find a different hip belt or resell it himself. I don't think I will be using eBay again any time soon after that experience.

Wish I could unseen this, but hopefully I will still find a different hip belt size and all. eBay...ugh!

😉

Axlrod

WKR
Ebay doesn't care about it's buyers or sellers at all. I quit them last year after 20 years. I bought a spring compression tool as a buy it now. Seller had a delivery date that worked for me. Date came and went, I requested a cancellation of my item, to the seller and to Ebay. 3 weeks later I recieved the item. The seller shipped it through Amazon. So the seller was selling on Ebay, and after the sale, would go buy the item on Amazon (for less $) and have it shipped to you. In my last email to Ebay I told them I was cutting them out of the middle man business, and buying on Amazon myself. Cheaper and faster.

I would just give him a negative review...report it to ebay and be done with it. No way in hell I'd want the bow or to give that guy $650 bucks after that.
this. ding him and move on. ebay is great as a buyer. lots of protection. living in hawaii i don;t even bother in the classifieds for bows bc i know how much of a hassle it is to ship but seller chooses shipping on ebay so it makes it pretty cut and dry. i bought a couple loaded bows last couple years for some great deals and am always a little bit surprised when they actually show up. they must get killed on shipping and fees. I'm sure you'll find another deal but yes that was very shady of him

*zap*

WKR
Stuff happens, he probably doesn't care about his word in dealing with a stranger. Gotta wear your big boy pants in today's world. Look on at for your bow.

Ishisube

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely time to write up a negative feedback for him specifying what he did, and notify eBay too, as they're able to do a review of all messaging sent back and forth. They'll probably ban him for it, seen it happen just a few months back.

mi650

WKR
Had something similar happen last summer on GB, but I was the seller. Winning bid was about 1/2 of what it should have been.

I put my big boy pants on and shipped it. Lesson learned about penny auctions and no reserve.

And speaking of GB, another lesson learned, and a heads up. They've updated their ToS as of March 1st, and you'll get hit for 2% of the reserve price whether it sells or not. 🤬

Unckebob

WKR
Contact eBay, that scumbag violated the terms of agreeement and your email is important in that. He should be banned.

I've been looking for a target bow to shoot in the offseason and use as a backup hunting bow and settled on a bowtech reckoning 35. Found one on ebay starting at $650 with a buy it now at $850. Bow is pretty clean with a limb driven rest and an apex sight. Auction comes to an end and I am the only bidder winning at $650. I pay immediately and contact the seller to send the tracking when its available. He contacts me this morning saying he can't believe it sold so low and he's losing money on it, blah blah blah. I go back and forth with him and remind him that its an auction and its over and paid for. Scum bag just canceled the transaction for damaged goods and refunded my money. WTF. I'm going to blast this guy through feedback but is there any other recourse? WTF is wrong with people. Should have stayed off ebay, I know.

Broomd gave you good advice. To better present your case, I also recommend taking screenshots of all the relevant correspondence with the seller. If he is a real moron, he will have already re-listed it.

HookUp

WKR
Leave him negative feedback. You can also request his phone and address and contact him directly. Remind him he is legally obligated to sell you the item.

tony

WKR
If your willing to drive a little, I'd sell you a real nice Hoyt Powermax package.